𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

You said goodbye to Naruto and headed to the entrance of the village, where you and Shikamaru agreed to meet. He was late – as he used to, and you waited for about ten minutes that increased your nervousness and seemed to last hours. With Naruto screaming all the morning in excitement for the mission, you didn't have time to think about it. But now, alone, waiting for him, you felt... anxious? You couldn't define it, but you hated it. Being shy and self-conscious around Shikamaru was a thing you couldn't avoid. That was one of the biggest reasons you didn't want to get close to him. You cared about what he thought about you more than you wanted to acknowledge. You just didn't mind anymore that men in general didn't find you attractive, but, maybe in a deep level of conscience, you really wanted Shikamaru to look at you.

You shook your head. Not worth it. Leave it there. With your eyes closed, you took a deep breath. Calm down. Your better than this.

"Already irritated?"

You opened your eyes suddenly to see Shikamaru getting closer to you with his hands on the pockets and a smooth grin. As fast as you could, you made the serious look come back to your face. Has he seen you so vulnerable, thinking about him?

"You're late."

"Sorry for that. By the way, good morning, (Y/n)."

You answered a quick "Good morning."

"Let's go?" He said, looking at you. You just nodded and started walking in front of him, hoping he would not see your face.

...

As you two started walking alongside the path to the outer side of the village, you had just a little bit of intercourse, but only about the mission. You've never had gone to missions with Shikamaru before, but you had to admit that he was, indeed, observant and focused.

After about an hour walking, you heard Shikamaru call you from behind.

"Hey, (Y/n). You always leave for missions in these kind of clothes?"

You turned back. He had an interested look, yet with a little bit of his usual lazy face.

"What do you mean?"

"You know. These heels. It's more comfortable to wear a normal sandal you know. And you're showing a lot of skin. Are you sure you're not cold?"

"I don't feel cold." You answered, and his eyes traveled through your legs. When you turned back to the path, you still felt his gaze in you. "And yes, I always leave for missions in these clothes."

"Why?"

You turned to look at him again, annoyed. "Why do you want to know that?" He just shrugged and moved his head as if to say he was only curious. "It's... comfortable. Allows movements" you answered back.

You didn't want to let your nervousness shine through, so you just turned your head and kept walking.

But you felt him getting closer to you, and he said, too close to your ear for you to be okay with that: "You shouldn't wear something like this. You may distract someone. Not every guy can stay focused on the mission around some showing thighs, you know."

You felt a shiver run down your spine. Besides the casual and relaxed tone he had on his voice, his gaze was burning you. When you looked at him, Shikamaru had already surpassed you and was heading to the restaurant by the street where you would discuss the plan.

"C'mon. Let's hurry, we have a lot to plan today." He said, leaving you behind with a frightened expression.

Your legs were weak and your heart was racing. What just happened?

...

Shikamaru sat down at the restaurant as if nothing had happened. You tried as much as you could to disguise your inside panic. Why did he say that? To annoy you? You knew he wasn't the biggest gentleman. But you barely had any type of intimacy with him...

"What you're gonna order?" Shikamaru asked, looking directly at you. You looked back at him.

"The simplest sandwich, please."

Shikamaru called the waiter, who was a guy on his twenties, and ordered lunch. You stared through the window, trying to not think about the current issue you had, but your head just wouldn't let you. You thought about how you two were probably going to sleep in the same room. You hoped at least there were two beds.

You closed your eyes, just to be interrupted by Shikamaru again.

"You see what I mean?"

"What?" you asked, confused.

"The waiter just didn't take his eyes off your cleavage."

You wondered why the hell you had a crush on this guy.

"I don't remember asking you about what I should wear, Shikamaru. And honestly, I-"

"I'm just saying. You know, I always try to help my partners in missions with anything. It's just an observation."

"Which I didn't ask." You snorted, looking at him. And this man was smiling.

You put your hands on the table, getting closer to confront him. "Are you making fun of me?"

A whole film went through your head again. People making fun of you for your voluptuous body. The idea and the fear you always had that Shikamaru did that too. And now...

"Stop! I'm not making fun of you, Y/n!" He said, and laughed. "Damn, why are you always so serious?" He touched your arms, shoving it lightly back to your side of the table.

You snorted again and covered your cleavage with your arms, looking at the window again.

"Hey, you don't need to cover it now, we already saw it."

With an impulse of rage, you threw your backpack at Shikamaru.

He started laughing again. Against your will, you could not repress a small laugher. You just hoped Shikamaru didn't see it.