𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

"No. Just trying to handle this terrible drink." You answered, turning your body in his direction. Okay, he talked to you.

"You look beautiful, (Y/n)."

"You look handsome too."

You were supporting your weight on the edge of the table when Shikamaru got closer to you, reaching the jar behind you to pour a drink to himself. "So, how you've been this week?" He said, still very close to your ear.

Missing you, you wanted to say. "Fine. Not a terrible mission." It was. With a couple. "You?"

"Tsunade sent me and Choji to that village at the border of the Land of Fire again." He said, still close to you. You turned your head to look at him. Shikamaru looked aside, staring at you, and casually said: "I kept thinking about you." Then he looked back at the drink. "It was hard."

"Well..." You took the last sips of your drink, hoping it would give you a little more courage to talk to him normally. "If you want to know, my last mission included me, Neji and Tenten. Very disappointing being the third wheel for a couple of nights. I kept thinking about you too." How brave, (Y/n). You swallowed hard.

Shikamaru smiled, staring at you. He seemed to be about to say something when Choji called him. "Hey, Shikamaru! Can you please help me setting the food? I can't do this all alone!"

He sighed. "I'll be right back."

You just nodded and watched as he got away and started setting the food. You turned around, taking a look at the room again. You spotted Shino with Hinata and Kiba, and got on their way.

You talked for a few minutes, arguing about why Hinata should confess to Naruto today. After that, Naruto called everyone to a drinking game on the long sofa in the middle of the room.

"But we haven't even eaten yet." Kiba said. "Shino, let's grab something to eat before the game." Shino nodded and they left. You and Hinata headed to the sofa.

"Why don't you sit alongside with Naruto?" You whispered to her. You could feel she was getting nervous.

"Do you think so? Won't it be too much?"

"No! Look, the seat next to him is empty. Go before someone do it first."

Hinata nodded firmly, as if a wave of courage ran through her, and then she took the sit next to the boy. You smiled. Kiba was owning you one.

"(Y/n)." You heard Shikamaru's voice from behind. "Sit here." He was sitting on the edge of the sofa, and tapped the empty place beside him.

"Okay."

As soon as you sat down, Shikamaru placed his hand on your thigh. Not to rub it sexually, he just dropped it there, more like an intimate touch. You shivered at the feeling. Just the smallest touch coming from him could make your whole body twitch.

When everyone had already set themselves on the sofa, Kiba and Shino returned with some chips on the hands. Kiba took the last place, making Shino stand awkwardly with no place to sit.

"Oh, there is one missing. I knew we should have got some chairs!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Hey, I can get one or two from my apartment." You said.

"Thank you, I'll help you." Shino said, turning towards the entrance.

When you mentioned to stand up, a hand held your arm. "No need." Shikamaru said and quickly pulled you to his lap. You were too surprised by the sudden move you could only accept it. "Shino, there's a place here now."

Shino looked at both of you and nodded. And then he took the sit you were filling before.

You started panicking a little by the idea of being on Shikamaru's lap. Your first thought was that you were going to crush him. You never let anyone take you in their arms, always carrying the trauma of weighting more than most of the boys.