𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧: 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤

You ate the rest of your sandwich, wondering if Hinata had another one remaining. Shino was by your side, finishing his. You were just coming back from a mission with Shino, Kiba and Hinata in the border of the Land of Wind. You were holding yourself to not ask Shino the question, but you just couldn't.

"Hey Shino."

He turned his head towards you. "Is there any problem, (Y/n)-san?"

"What is your taste in girls?"

The boy looked forward, thinking. "Well... I think I like respectful girls with a good relationship with her family and a kind heart."

You rolled your eyes. "I mean the body type."

"I really don't have any preference. If I like someone, I like their body too."

You sighed. I should just have asked Kiba. Shino was too serious for that.

"Why do you ask?"

"Just doubting. I needed some masculine views, but your too evolved and respectful for that."

"Ah, I'm sorry?" You nodded your head to say it was okay. Shino turned forward again. "I think you should just ask Kiba. I'm not the best in those things."

"You called me?" You turned back to see the dog-boy smiling. You weren't as close to Kiba as you were to Shino, but you thought about it. Maybe it was a good idea to get another opinion.

"What do men like in woman?" You asked.

Kiba looked up for a moment. "You mean, romantically? Or sexually?"

"More sexually, I guess."

"Hum, yeah. Well, I can't say for other guys, but I don't think I have a preference."

"You feel attracted to all women?" Shino asked. You wanted to laugh at his interest in the conversation.

"No! Not all women. But, if I could just set what draws my attention, I would say a girl with a fat ass! No, or better, toned calves... or, maybe, long hair..."

Kiba didn't stop describing a pretty girl for a long time. "He didn't help in anything." Shino observed. "Sorry I can't help you, (Y/n). But do you want to tell me what is bothering you?"

"Not yet. But maybe soon you will find out."

Shino nodded. He was really respectful towards your personal space. That was one of the reasons you liked having him as a friend.

You thought about the answers you didn't get. Maybe yes, Shikamaru had a preference. But that made you feel insecure about being just a body to fulfill his desires. Your rational part told you to stop overthinking about it and just enjoy. But the emotional was still too traumatized for that.

After a few minutes you took the path back home again. Shino walked by your side while Kiba teased Hinata asking her what she would gift Naruto in his birthday. It was funny how everyone knew about the crush she had on him, except for himself. You smiled at Hinata's embarrassed reactions, thinking that on the inside, you felt just like her.

...

"(Y/n)!" you heard Naruto scream from the window of his apartment. You were almost at the building, arriving home after reporting the mission to the Hokage. You smiled and waved. "Come here when you get inside, we are discussing important stuff."

You put your stuff in your closet, changed clothes to something more comfortable, loosened your hair and headed to Naruto's apartment. The door was already open.

"Hey."

"Hey (Y/n)!" You heard a chore. Ino and Sakura were there, sitting by the table. "We are organizing Naruto's birthday party." Sakura said.

"Sakura weren't very committed to it, so I came too. You know, just to guarantee the spirit of the party." Ino said.

You sat by their side and listened while Naruto approved their ideas.

"So, Shikamaru and Choji bring the food." Ino said, taking notes. You looked up when you heard his name. Sakura was already staring at you with a fun look. You frowned an eyebrow at her, begging for silence. She just smirked and started talking to Ino again.

You looked down. He was going to be there. You wondered if he was still going to treat you like he was doing the last times you saw him, when so many people would be around. Maybe he would feel ashamed, embarrassed to talk to you. You couldn't blame him for that. Your mind just kept telling you that  was too much for you, anyways.

You didn't have time to be overthinking about it, though. Naruto and Ino started shouting so much about the party that all you and Sakura could do was laugh about it.

...

"So, what will you wear to the party?" Sakura asked you.

You were walking her home. Sakura asked you to rest, since you just came back from a mission, but you had to buy rice anyways, and take air for a bit sounded really good in that moment.

"I have no idea. Honestly, I wasn't even planning on going. You know I would never handle Naruto's apartment full of drunk boys dancing on the table. But yeah... guess I'm softening a little?" You said with a half smile.

"I noticed that! You're even wearing casual clothes and walking by the streets with me. Whenever we go for a walk you're only in that working outfit, like ready to war." You looked down to your clothes. Sakura was right. You would never go out in a simple printed dress and sandals, but you were doing that right now. "Maybe... you're softening because you're a girl in love right now?"

"What? No! I swear I dressed like this because I'm tired and I forgot."

"Yeah, I see. Ya know, (Y/n)... I can recognize that. I'm in love too. When Sasuke's in my mind, I never think about what to wear or where to go, I just want to be with him..."

"Stop messing with me. I'm kicking your ass if you don't."

She laughed. "Dangerous (Y/n)-san is back. Well, you can kick my ass, but that won't make me wrong..."

"Oh my god-"

"Your loosen hair right now. Ah, and the dress. You look totally like the protagonist of one of that romances Kakashi-sensei reads all the time, ready to meet your soulmate in the park and stuff."

"I don't think the books that perv reads are all about romance, Sakura." You said, smiling this time.

"Oh yeah, even better! Oh, don't kill me, teasing you is just so funny."

"Hey."

You two were almost at Sakura's house when you heard a voice behind you. You looked back and your heart stopped for a moment. Of course, it was him – he only showed up in the worst moments.

"Shikamaru! That's good you just showed up! I didn't want (Y/n) to go home all alone, can you take her? You know, she's pretty and in a good mood today, that's like, so dangerous." Sakura said in a rush, trying really hard to hold a chuckle.

"Yeah, I was going to do that." He said.