chapter eleven. awakening

Wyn and his men had been walking into the NE Military Base. After a day of calming things down in Bae Sing Sae, they went up to NE at their request. "Fire Nation rebels backed down. Since yesterday we spoke with their generals at the homeland via radio. Turns out, this Dropkick alias-, led a large group of rebels and stole from the airbase. Some ex military, some pilots-, they stole weapons, planes, anything they could get. Those were the planes used at the siege." he spoke over a bluetooth headset. "Their generals are working hard to find everyone involved, but most have already fled. I want you to go back to yesterday's flights and track where those jets landed." he finished. "Copy that sir. Damian out."

Wyn took the headset out of his ear, looking ahead to the entrance of the base. "General Wyn." a woman greeted, extending her hand out to shake his. "Son Bay." he shook her hand. "Glad you can make it. Finally you can see this shit show." she said, leading the troops inside. "Have you found out the name of the officer that launched the missile?" Wyn asked the woman. "Yeah, we have. We found their keycard inside the base, right on the fucking control computer actually. We have the SOBs ID and everything, only problem is, they're probably halfway to the fucking North Pole by now. There's no way of telling where she is."

"So that means The Federation has government and military officials working with them," he said. Wyn looked around the base, trying to keep his calm. But this factor was yet another thing that made this an unpredictable situation. "Perhaps that's how they got the Fire Nation missiles as well." a private said. "It's too convenient. They wanted to instigate a war, and they damn near have already done that. Two world leaders died in the same week-. They threatened us saying this isn't the end of it-. They obviously have some power, and know they can manipulate people with it.'' The private looked at Wyn and Son Bay, realizing that he spoke out. "Uh... my bad."

"No, it's perfectly fine to speak. Don't worry. Especially when your claim is something that's probably accurate. We need to be on high alert, nations. Who knows what could be next. Get word to the United Republic embassy, have them send out a global PSA." Wyn ordered.

MISTY PALM OASIS

Meruan, Yang, and Ace had all been flying for a few hours now. Leaving Republic City around 6:30 in the morning, after flying over the desert for a while, they finally saw the town on the horizon. Meruan and Ace were asleep, Ace sleeping on his lap, Meruan laying on the saddle. Yang turned around, blowing wind his face, to which he shot up. "Oh-, fuck, what? What is it?" he asked. Moving a little bit, he woke up Ace, who groaned, sitting up and stretching out.

"We're here." Yang said, pointing down to the big town. "Holy... shit." he said. "It's so.. pretty." Ace and Meruan headed to the front of the saddle, looking down at it.

On the ground level, Pandora, Mirage, Ryoka and Sin, all were getting ready to get into a jeep to head out on the road. They all had face coverings, knowing that all over the place, people would be looking for them. Mirage looked up in the sky, squinting to make sure he wasn't crazy. "Bison in the air," he said. "The Avatar... come now. Let's move." Pandora said, everyone got into the jeep, and as they started it up, the bison landed down a few yards away, on the other side of a fountain that separated the two.

Meruan jumped off, along with Yang and Ace behind him. "I picked the wrong day and place to wear all black." Meruan stretched his body some more. "Well Scorpion, you still feel like a badass?" Yang crossed her arms and started to walk. "Don't mock me. I can feel like a badass and burn up in one hundred degree weather."

Pandora didn't drive the jeep yet, instead she observed the group. "What are you thinking about, P?" Ryoka asked. "Just observing. If this is the greatest threat to our cause, it's good to scope out the kids, see what they're like." Pandora said. "That being said, I don't feel threatened in the slightest. If this is the best the world has to offer, then the world should be very afraid."