~Chapter 8~

It took some convincing to let Emmy stay at Midoria's place, but he eventually got it to work out. Soon enough they were on their way to school, walking together for some reason. "so, how's your family? I never see them" he said suddenly. Killua snorted, "hopefully 6 feet under" Midoria gave him a concerned look. "except for Alluka, she's the only one who cares about me" he rethought what he just said. "I take that back, my mother and brother also care but mother obsesses over me and Illumi only cares for me because-" he paused. "actually I don't know why, he's weird" Killua was in a good mood today, so he was particularly chatty. "do you have any close friends?" Killua's tail stuck straight up in the air as he thought of Gon. "I wasn't allowed to have friends, but when I ran away I met Gon! He was my first friend" Killua scrolled through a few pictures on his phone and showed one to Midoria. It was a picture of Gon smiling and waving, with his short jacket and green shorts. "I met him when I was 12 and the hunters exam! He could keep up with me and everything" Killua felt a small blush crawl up his face. I also love him but he doesn't know that yet.

Midoria pointed to the two people in the background. "who are they?" Killua sighed, "Kurapika and Leorio, their ok I guess, but Gon's my only real friend!" that felt true in his heart. They had been through so much together and he would give anything to see him again. His smile faded, "I haven't seen him in a while.." Midoria suddenly bounced a little in his step. "oh I get it! My hair kind of looks like Gon's is that what you meant?" oh yeah, we did have that conversation. "maybe" he grumbled, "also your both so optimistic, also your powers are both destructive. Also he gets injured doing the stupidest things" Killua snorted, "the biggest difference is that Gon is an absolute dumbass" Midoria frowned, "that's not nice to say about your best friend!" he snickered, "Gon's ears steam when he does middle grade math, also he admitted it himself" Killua smiled softly, "but he always does what he thinks is right, even if it puts himself in danger" he sighed for a moment, going through his best memories.

They walked in silence all the way up to the school, only to be bombarded by reporters. The damn media was hurting his ears so he let out his bloodlust. "get lost" they scattered and he grinned, turning off his bloodlust. He didn't like using it to gain an advantage all the time, but if he didn't then he might go deaf. He snorted, "kinda reminds me of the tourists back home" Midoria gave him an interested look, "you had tourists?" he nodded. "yeah, where I used to live my family was actually famous " Midoria looked shocked. "you wouldn't know them though anyways, the front doors weigh a couple tons to keep people from trespassing" his jaw dropped. "is that why your so strong?" he grinned, "every cup, door, and other item in that house weighs a ton" Killua chuckled. "the first time I left the estate I accidently broke the first door I tried to open" obviously he was only telling a half truth, he couldn't say exactly how everything weighed because if he let slip that he could push more than 20 tons then he would get questioned.

"I knew you were a rich kid" he turned to see Momo coming up behind him. "huh?" she smiled a bit. "first of all, the way you sit gives it away" Killua stiffened, he thought he had hidden that part of him but apparently he didn't do it well enough. "also you've never been to a middle school before" he blinked at her for a moment, then he snorted. "I was born rich, but I ran away because my family are a bunch of assholes" not the truth but close enough, he ought to make that his new motto. "you seem particularly happy this morning" she said curiously. "I have a feeling something good will happen today" he fell silent as they approached the class. Killua put up his 'don't give a fuck' pose and attitude as he walked through the door.

Eraserhead was pointing out everyone's faults and how to get better. "Killua" he looked up, "you had no physical faults but try not to show off too much ok?" Killua snorted, "I don't try to" he continued for a few more minutes before announcing that the next task will 'decide our future' whatever the hell that meant. "your picking a class representative" everybody started shouting. Killua's tail started to flick in irritation, he stood up with a glare and everybody fell silent one by one. "the only way to pick a leader is with a vote, whoever gets the most is the best for the job" he paused. "also you can't vote for yourself, it's the only way to make things fair" everybody agreed except for one particular angry blonde who stood up, slamming his hands on his desk "YOU CAN'T ORDER US AROUND YOU DAMN-" Killua slowly walked over and looked him right in the eye as he released his bloodlust. "sit" he obediently dropped into the chair, The room was dead quiet. "good boy, now stay there" he walked back to his desk and everybody was still gaping at him. "carry on"