~Chapter 12~

Emmy slept with Killua and Gon that night, between both of them so she wouldn't get cold. When they woke up in the morning, Midoria was at the base of their tree. "hey guys-" Killua was hugging his waist in his sleep and he didn't notice until he sat up. "AWAH!" he nearly fell out of the tree and Killua woke up, removing his arms and blushing furiously. "AHUHMRHM" he half yelled half squeaked. "you guys okay up there?" he was about to respond when the branch he was on cracked and fell, Killua grabbed his arm with his tail and he was dangling in front of Midoria. "uhh hi?" Emmy giggled and pointed at him. "killy boyfriend fall" Killua yelped and dropped him. "EMMY WE AREN'T DATING" Gon managed to land on his feet somehow and covered his blush with his hands. " what a great start to the morning" Midoria said sarcastically. Emmy jumped out of the tree and fluttered down, landing roughly on his shoulders. He caught her and she reached up to pet his hair again. "let's just go"

Killua was trying his hardest not to blush as he and Gon walked to school. I do really like him, but there's no way he likes me back. He put up his 'I don't give a fuck' pose and made his way into the classroom, His leg didn't hurt anymore and a hush fell over the room as he entered. He ignored them and made his way to his own seat. Gon and Midoria came in chatting to each other a few seconds later and the conversation resumed. Momo had made Gon a desk and a chair and he sat next to him, though an appropriate meter or two away. I kind of wanted to be able to pet him- he broke off that thought and shoved it into his mental trashcan. I do not want to pet him. The class was as boring as it always was, he was minding his own damn business when he sensed a load of people. Killua activated En and stiffened. Why the fuck are there almost 40 people outside our door? Gon noticed his change in posture and gave him a look. '38 people outside our door'

Gon's eyes widened and he raised his hand. "yes Gon?" he pointed over to the door. "why is there almost 40 people outside our door?" the room went quiet. Killua stood up and walked over, hands behind his head and a monotone expression. "they probably want to scout out the competition, were the class who survived a villain attack after all" Gon came up behind him and looked over his shoulder with gleaming eyes. "woah! All these people look so interesting!" he silenced him with a flick of his tail. "now get lost" he was about to unleash some bloodlust when a guy with messy purple hair pushed through the crowd. "so this is class 1A, I heard you guys were impressive" he stopped in front of the crowd with a tired expression. "but you just sound like assholes" his tail flicked back and forth in irritation. This guy thinks he can just stroll to our classroom and insult Gon like that? Honestly he didn't care that they insulted the rest of the class, but Gon was not an asshole. "is everyone in the hero course a bitch or just you?"

He felt Gon grab his shoulder as his eyes narrowed and his ears flattened. This bitch is about to get cut. "how sad to come here and find a bunch of egomaniacs " he rubbed his head. "I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others I was forced to choose a different track" Gon blinked. "well if you try hard enough you might get in" Killua knew he was trying to encourage him to do better, but to the purple haired guy it probably sounded like an insult. "I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance" he looked Killua dead in the eyes. "if any of us do well in the sports festival the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course, meaning one of you guys will be swapped out" Killua suddenly got what he was getting at. "scouting the competition? That may be what the others are here for" he dropped his hand and smirked a little. "I'm here to declare war"

Killua snorted and Gon giggled, earning them confused and uneasy glances from both his own classmates and the strangers. "war?" he said, flicking his tail slowly. "the fuck do you know about war?" there was a few murmurs from his own classmates, but silence from the hall. "exactly, so don't start going on about war until you've been in one" he shot him an icy glare. "you call us assholes but you came out of nowhere and insulted and threatened us" there were a few mutters from behind him. "I'll grant you a piece of information. I'm 13" there were shocked gasps from the hallway and a few his own classmates. "and I wasn't born strong, I had to work for it" he narrowed his eyes with a hiss. "if you can't put in the effort to back it up, don't go declaring war" he unleashed a wave of bloodlust and most of the people gasped and started to run away. The purple haired guy was one of the few still there, although he did look terrified.