Chapter 9: The Rollercoaster Ride of Good and Bad

I'm trying to post this on my phone this time so if things go weird don't be surprised.
(also, swear warning)

When the lights did turn on, I heard others walking to the room, but I didn't respond to anyone who checked on me. I couldn't even look up at Alex's body anymore. I put my head in my hands, and didn't move until a sudden scream made me jump back up onto my feet. However, it was only Lara. I remembered a bunch of people walking to me, thinking that they were here to comfort me, but instead I got pushed into a wall by Jojo.

"What the hell, dude! Why'd you kill Alex?!" I heard Jojo yelling. Jo took Jojo by the shoulders and pulled him away from me.

"How do we know it's him, Jojo?" Jo asked, holding Jojo back.

"The yellow fabric in Alex's hand could tell us a few things!" Alab yelled to Jo.

Survival instinct was starting to kick in. Words spilled out of my mouth faster than I could normally ever speak.

"Listen, you guys-- I didn't do it!" I managed to say. "I was chased in here by the murderer! I was framed!"

"And what kind of proof do you have for that, Jackson?" Jojo said. "I don't believe any of the shit you say."

"We can't just assume, but you do have a bit of explaining to do, Jackson." Jane said, while trying to comfort Lara, who was bawling her eyes out.

Now I knew what it felt like to be Dan. Scared. Everyone else against one person. Not even sure I could defend myself.

Everyone emptied out of the room except for me and Lara, who still kneeled beside Alex's head.

"It wasn't you, Jackson. I saw the k-killer chase you to that room." Lara looked back at me, her face red and her eyes full of tears. "They took Alex from me and I knew it wasn't you."

I nodded. "Thanks for believing me… and I really am sorry about your boyfriend."

I guess it wasn't everyone against me. Lara had seen what happened. She stood up, but then her eyes caught something on the ground.

"Jackson! He has a notepad! Everyone, come see! He has clues!" Lara yelled to the others, picking up the book and starting to read it.

"My role is the detective."

"Night 1 clues: At least one of these people is evil:
Jamila
Jojo
Alab"

"Night 2 clues: At least one of these people is good:
Jo
Austin"

"Night 3 clues:"

Lara smiled at the book. "Thank you, Alex. Now I know we'll get out of here soon."