Chapter 01

"It's up to me, and I don't wanna continue."

The pen rolled towards the edge of the table, dropping down as if it were a cliff. The boys frowned turning their heads towards the owner of the voice, expressions showing a wide range of emotions from the six faces, from confused to not wanting to believe the words they just heard as if Park Jimin had just cracked a lame joke. But none of it felt funny as the atmosphere seemed to be thickly covered in seriousness.

He leaned back, heaving a deep sigh watching the leader gulping down his throat before sitting straight, he opened his mouth to speak, "What are you saying Jimin?"

"Exactly what you heard hyung," Jimin let out with a sigh, "The contract is over and I don't wanna renew it. My time as a BTS member is done, I've decided."

"But... why?" The youngest asked softly, staring at elder with hopeful eyes that never defied Jimin.

"I have my reasons." He said, straightening his posture and standing up, "Thank you everyone for being so supportive and so caring with me, I've had the best time of my life with you guys. But now, I think I should leave. Please don't let my absence bother the group, BTS should still rise high as we dreamt together."

Bowing one last time as a sign of respect and an attempt to hide his tear-brimming eyes, Jimin glanced at the six perplexed faces, the seventh and eighth being their manager and the CEO of their agency respectively.

"No, wait" Taehyung voiced, "we- we can talk it out and come to a common conclusion. Can we get some time?"

Sejin glanced at the older male, both in authority and age, nodding as he received an affirmative look from the CEO, "Sure, but please make it till tomorrow."

Taehyung nodded instantly thanking him and  CEO Bang breathlessly as his eyes leaped towards his best friend who was ready to leave.

Jimin found himself shaking his head, not feeling the need for another discussion on this, although his thoughts were interrupted with a hand on his shoulder, he lifted his gaze up finding Sejin smiling at him with an empathetic look.

"Mr Bang wants you to think carefully, it's a big decision Jimin."

He nodded subtly, fixing his eyes on the floor again, hearing them walking out of the room and left the seven boys alone. Feeling the urge to run away and never return kept eating him after all he had done to the people he called his brothers, his family.

Fixing his eyes on his friend who had requested for this conversation and more time, he breathed deeply gathering enough courage to tell them a firm 'No' once again. After seven years of life worthy time with these boys and performing for millions of fans, now was the time he was supposed to call it all off. To leave this fame and the popular Park Jimin personality, and live a normal life as just Park Jimin.

"What's wrong Jimin?" Taehyung asked softly, grabbing his friend by the shoulders and staring at him with desperate eyes.

"Nothing Tae, I'm just tired."

"Then take a break," Yoongi stated, "You're talking about leaving BTS, leaving us, leaving Armys, do you think being tired is worth all that?"

"Please hyung, we promised to be together forever." Jungkook said, almost tearing up as the lump in throat could be heard in his voice.

"I know Kook, I'm sorry for leaving all of you like this. We talked about renewing our contract together and everything, but I... I can't continue, please try to understand." Jimin responded, holding Taehyung's hands as he took them off of his shoulders and flashed a small smile. "I'm sorry,"