Chapter 08

Jungkook closed the door behind him, walking straight to the kitchen with a faint smile lingering on his lips. The same smile that never left him ever since last night.

"When did you come back?" He heard a deep voice, making his smile drop for a moment. He straightened himself, looking at the person leaning on the doorframe with their arms crossed on their chest.

"Don't tell me you've started sleeping around now?" Taehyung cocked an eyebrow.

Don't fight with your hyungs, they're just looking out for you. They love you a lot, even if they're not showing it in the best way, they do love you. Speak wisely and take a step back when necessary, anger doesn't solve anything.

Jungkook breathed deeply once, shaking his head subtly and gave a brief smile, "I told Jin hyung I'll be out with my friends. He didn't tell you guys?"

"Oh he did," Taehyung nodded staring at the younger with an amused expression, "You look happy, seems like your frien–"

"You can't stop, can you?" Namjoon spoke, entering the kitchen. He glared at Taehyung, earning a scoff from the latter and focused on Jungkook, smiling a little, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?" Jungkook said, looking between the two of them, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it. I just realised how hard some people are trying to test you." Namjoon said.

Jungkook frowned, staring at Taehyung who just chuckled dryly, shaking his head in pity at the elder's meaningless taunt. "Uhm hyung, if you're doing this for me, then please stop. Don't fight with each other because of me, you know I can't see you guys like this, Jimin hyung already left and now please don't do this again." Jungkook said, staring at Namjoon and then Taehyung.

"Good to know you still think about us." Taehyung sighed, standing straight as he removed the support from the wall and walked towards the younger member, "I won't say anything Kook, unless Namjoon hyung says something about me. And as for you, I'm watching everything bud."

A hard stare lasted for a few seconds, eyes locked with rage sparking in both the boys. But it ended when Taehyung looked away, smiling with half of his mouth and tilted his head, "Go wash up, we have a meeting later and a shoot after that."

With that said Jungkook was left alone with their leader in the kitchen. The boy cracked his neck, grabbing a glass and poured himself some cold water, trying his best to get the anger away and stay firm at his words that he promised Jimin. 

"Don't mind him, Jungkook. He's just... I don't know, honestly." Namjoon sighed, shaking his head as he left the maknae alone.

Jungkook stared at his back disappearing behind the hallway, clenching his hand tightly against the glass, he breathed deeply and cracked his neck, not even wincing when the cold glass broke between his palm and fingers, digging into the skin, making blood apear where it was water a few moments ago.

_____

"What happened to your hand, Jungkook?" Jin's words erupted as soon as his eyes landed on the white bandage on the boy's hand, making him shaking his head dismissively and continued with his squats, not paying much mind to his hyungs who were scattered around the gym, some doing push-ups or pull-ups or some taking a break after a heavy workout.

"What happened?" Yoongi turned on hearing Jin's failed attempt, "Kook, what is that on your hand?"

"Nothing, hyung, just a small cut. Don't worry." Jungkook said, between deep breaths with his constant sitting and standing, holding the weights in either of his hands.