Chapter 07

"Did he answer?"

Jin sighed, shaking his head subtly while his eyes landed on Yoongi, who was fuming in anger, pacing back and forth in the limited space near the coffee table. Ever since he came back from the studio after getting the news of Jungkook leaving the dorm and not not responding to their calls and texts.

"He must be fine hyung," Hoseok said, "He's not a kid anymore."

"But he is an idol for god's sake!" Yoongi yelled, "Who talked to him the last?"

"I did," Taehyung muttered.

"That explains pretty much everything."

Taehyung eyes darted towards the owner of the voice, sending a sharp glare despite the fact of the latter being older and the leader on top of that. He stood up, not commenting on anything and straightened his shirt.

"I'll be out for a wh–"

"You too?" Namjoon voiced again, "Isn't it really enough that our maknae is gone and we have no idea where?"

"Are you blaming it on me?" Taehyung frowned, facing the leader who just chuckled dryly. "No fine, yeah I'm the reason he's gone! Apparently just because he can't take the goddamn truth!"

"Shut it Tae," The elder scoffed, "From the day all of this is happening, I've told you enough times to let him take his time. But you have a habit of nagging him non-stop. We get it you're hurt and stuff, but that doesn't give you the right to go and hurt others too. If you don't wanna talk, shut up and sit aside, don't make it a living hell for others who are still hoping."

"Namjoon," Yoongi warned, "do not cross the line."

"And what are you two doing?" The leader asked, sounding firm just as firm, "Jungkook never said anything to you, he was minding his own business because he knew there will be conflicts. Taehyung kept pushing him off and provoking him with words which were directly or indirectly related to Jimin. And when he started speaking and gave you the taste of your medicine, you can't seem to handle it."

"And suddenly you have an urge to take a stand and be the great person?" Taehyung gritted with a mocking smile, "You never did when Jungkook was here. If I remember correctly, you were with us the day Jimin said he's leaving. You signed the papers too and left after us. At least Jungkook's being loyal to one person, unlike you Namjoon-ssi."

"Kim Taehyung!" Namjoon raised his voice, glaring at the younger who remained indifferent to his rage.

"Guys, let's not fight please. There's already enough things going on." Hoseok said, pulling the leader back and also pushed Taehyung away, making sure they're not throwing hands at each other.

"He texted!" Jin's voice stole all the attention from the boys. " Jungkook... he texted me."

Taehyung walked past the elders, grabbing Jin's phone and opened the message.

Sorry for not answering earlier. I'm okay,
you don't have to worry

I'm with some of my friends rn
we'll be here for a while, they're insisting
for a drink

I'll come home tomorrow

Okay, where are you tho?

At my friend's apartment
we all are here.

And I wanted to say that

Taehyung sighed deeply, staring at the screen, knowing that Jungkook wouldn't be texting if he knew it was Taehyung replying from Jin's phone.