Chapter 10

"Jeon Jungkook of BTS was spotted at the city mall yesterday with a child. The fans are curious to know about the child and the man with him. No confirmations have been made by the artist's agency yet an–"

"BTS's maknae Jeon Jungkook–"

"The famous kpop boy band BTS was seen–"

"Jeon–"

"BTS–"

"Argh! Why am I BTS?!" Jungkook groaned, falling on the couch as switched off the television in frustration and kept his phone on silent as it kept ringing and buzzing with notifications.

Thankfully he had the brains to come to his apartment rather than going to the dorm last night, or else it would've been an even bigger mess. Despite knowing the never ending calls and messages he was getting right now, he closed his eyes and rolled to lay on his stomach and decided to take the phone.

18 missed calls, 16 messages from Jin hyung

07 missed calls from Rapmon hyung

09 missed calls, 10 messages from Hobi hyung

20 messages from Yoongi hyung

01 message from TaeTae hyung

20 missed calls, 43 messages from Jiminie hyung

04 missed calls from Manager Sejin

He sighed deeply, tapping on one of the names, still ignoring the tons of notifications from twitter and weverse that he deep down knew were the same speculations about the man in the picture with him and he was scared that they might recognise Jimin for the Armys obviously knew him too well. Oh how Jungkook wished he wouldn't have taken his mask down.

The ringing ended and a loud angry voice was heard, "What the heck are you doing idiot?! I was dying here worried sick about you! Why weren't you answering my calls? Are you okay? Where are you?"

Jungkook laid back again, sighing on the phone, "This is why I wasn't answering. Everyone is talking about the same thing hyung. What do I do now?"

"I know," Jimin sighed, "Sorry for shouting at you. I was just worried thinking about what might be happening in the dorm."

"I'm not in the dorm." Jungkook said, "They're calling me continuously though."

"They must be worried too. Go home and talk to them."

"I told them it's a friend yesterday when they met Evie."

"That's fine." Jimin breathed deeply, "Or Jungkook, it might get really complicated... I saw how things are in twitter. They think Evie's your daughter that you're hiding."

"I don't blame them, anyone would think that." Jungkook chuckled, "But what now hyung? I'm sure manager hyung will have people digging in about you."

"Jungkook, if it get's too bad, y'know, like if you can't seem to handle it then tell them the truth okay? Don't risk your job because of me."

"No, what are you saying? I can handle it. We don't need to bring Evie into this."

"Don't worry Jungkook, I'll manage. I have to open up about her some day. Maybe it's time..." The elder sighed.

Jungkook stayed silent for a while, letting out a deep breath and stood up, taking the keys of his car and his jacket, walking towards the door, "Can I come over?"

"You should stay at home right now, Kook."

"Please hyung, I'm dying here and I don't wanna go to the dorm right now. Tae and Yoongi hyung will be up my ass."