Chapter 18

<lower case intended>

the christmas tree glowed with fairy lights, sparkling balls and stars, shining the brightest among which was the top most one, the biggest star of the tree. the boys had foreseen this christmas and lived this every year, what's new was the presence of a little one; a child who belonged to one of the members.

jimin had moved in just yesterday as jungkook and the rest of the members really wanted him and evie to celebrate christmas with them in the dorm. so out of hurry and excitement, both jungkook and taehyung had been helping jimin pack for the last three days. and it didn't seem like a bad idea till now. jimin sat with the members, laughing and having a conversation like any normal day from the past while evie played around with the decorative stars and balls that remained.

she waddled towards the elders, holding two sparkling balls in her hands, one green and the other blue. hoseok being the first and the nearest one, smiled at her when she held her tiny arm out, giving him the blue one and mumbled something. then she moved ahead to her father, giving him the green ball and walked back to the tree, picking up more balls probably for the rest of them.

the boys watched with curiosity, fond of having a baby among them. once evie distributed all the balls and kept one for herself, she stood by the table in the center, having all their attention on her. "ball..." she mumbled, tapping on the table, earning some confused frowns but on seeing jimin placing his yellow ball on the table they understood she wanted the balls back.

"what are you gonna do with them?" jimin asked, earning a look from the daughter who instead of answering, giggled toddling towards him and hugged him tightly.

"she doesn't understand everything," jin chuckled, patting the baby's head, making the rest of them laugh.

"evie," jungkook called, "i'll take these. they're mine."

"daddy mine!" evie glared at him, making him sigh while jimin laughed.

"i'm not talking about him," jungkook shook his head, picking up a ball and showed to her, "this is mine."

"no..." she mumbled, marching to him and takes the ball away, hugging it between her arms.

"it is mine," he grinned, "my hyung bought it."

"my daddy..." evie babbled, hitting his hand and pointed at jimin, blabbering something again.

"yeah, he's my hyung and he got it for me."

"evie,"

"kookie,"

"evieeeee!"

"kookieeee!"

evie pouted at him, breaking into a sob while jungkook snickered, bringing her in his lap at last and kissed her cheek, "okay it's for you," he said, giving the ball to her again which made her stop crying almsot instantly, "i see you were faking it huh?" his brows arched up and evie muttered something, turning to face him as she stood up in his lap and leaned closer, letting out a small yawn.

"jungkook's the only person who can put her to sleep after jimin," taehyung said, "i was with them this week, but i couldn't get her to eat or sleep or do literally anything other than playing."

"she's my best friend," jungkook smirked, patting the baby's back and stood up, glancing at jimin who nodded, keeping his empty cup on the table, holding his arms to take his daughter.

"dadda," evie mumbled, hugging jimin who patted her back gently.

"yes baby? do you wanna sleep now?" he asked in a soft, "let's go and take a nap, say bye to your uncles,"