Chapter 51: Sapphire's Awkward Confession

***

Jade wrapped his arms around Sapphire and pulled her to himself.

About a million butterflies pierced on her stomach. She tied to free herself from his grip but he clutched her even tighter.

"You seem like a total player when it comes to seducing women." Sapphire confessed.

"So what?" He replied her, his eyes following her every move.

Timid and confused, Sapphire placed her finger on her lips as if she wanted to pick up words from it.
"To be honest, you're really tempting me right now. But I don't think I can."

"And why is that?"

"Because I feel like one of us will definitely regret this tomorrow."

"I definitely don't think I'd be the one regretting it." Jade assured as he slowly released his hands from the grip.
"Well, anyway. I'll respect your feelings." He started into her alluring, blue eyes.

"You should rest and make sure you sleep." He placed his hands on her shoulders. "I'm going to do some work before I do. I'm not going to the hotel, though."

Jade walked out of the room as Sapphire watched him. She took out an heavy breath and it felt as if all the weight has finally been lifted off her shoulders.

Meanwhile, Jade went study room and started typing a document. Meanwhile, Sapphire couldn't sleep. She sat upright, her two bulgy eyes shining like the moon under the rainy sky. The weather was cold and chilly, the sound of rainfall could be heard from inside. As it is, Sapphire likes staring at the brightness of the moon, so, she walked to be the side of the window and gently opened it.

Jade walked closer a bit and saw the reflection of the natural light from outside. He knew she wasn't sleeping but he didn't meet her. He went to continue his work instead. Sapphire was still unable to get a glimpse of sleep. She went into the kitchen and open his fridge. The only thing there were bottles of alcohol and water.

Fire. She read on the body of the bottle.

She picked one of the alcoholic drinks and closed the fridge.

"Oh, I'm here. It's me. Fire." She smiled excitedly as she looked around. Then suddenly, she gawked at the direction were Jade went to.

"How is it that he hasn't come out once since he went in there?" She asked herself adjusting his clothes that was on her body. "Am I that unattractive?"

"Is coming here a good or bad thing?" She let out a soft sigh and walked into a room to enjoy her drink.

Meanwhile, Jade was still typing. He typed till he got exhausted and feeling sleepy.

*****

Minutes Later...

"You do hotel-related work, okay? I'll build myself a hotel." Sapphire muttered drunkily. She was playing with some toys she met in the room. She arranged him and placed her hand on it, making everything scatter about. She cried to it.

"Oh no! Oh man, you've destroyed my hotel!" She whined like a frustrated child. The almost empty bottle of alcohol having on her second hand.

Hearing the nice, Jade rushed into the room. A smile coiled up to his lips as he noticed that she's already drunk.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" He asked, wanting to hear from her first.

"I have to rebuild the hotel. It just fell over!" Looking so confused, Sapphire answered slow and steadily even though the toys we're still falling off. All she wanted to do was to build a hotel on the table.