Chapter 122: Wedding Surprise

Finally, the priest came out and asked every to stand. It was bride’s turn! All eyes stared at Sapphire. They dressed two flower girls from the orphanage in pink, rosy gowns. They lined the path with white rose petals as the music started. Here comes the bride....

Sapphire only took two steps out before her father greeted her.

“I can’t believe we’re here, Fire. Finally.” He looked into her eyes with teary eyes.

“Come on, dad. Don’t be emotional.” She wiped out the tears that streaked to the corner of his eyes and cradled his arm. With this, a smile curved on John’s slim lips and he escorted her down the aisle, which seemed longer than before.

More guest came than expected. From afar, Sapphire could see her groom watching her from the distance. For some reasons, she felt anxious, but Sapphire fought the feelings down with a thought.
‘I can do this. Yes, I can.’

Waiting for Jade, he became her strength. His killer smile made Sapphire smiled as well. The guests looked at her with warm smiles, taking pictures of her magnificent dress. Some teachers at Sparkle high, where she worked, were waving at her, smiling. She noticed a lady with a black, huge, flamboyant cap that covered her face. She looked sophisticated in her deep red gown, but Sapphire couldn’t figure out who she was. While walking through the red carpet, Sapphire smiled back at some of them who she recognized. One thing was for sure, though… no one made a sound. Up ahead, she was standing with him. Jade Alejandro, the love of her life, her soulmate and life partner. Jade stood taller, his shoulders back and his eyes on her. With incitement welling up in him, tears of joy filled his eyes.

At the end of the aisle John Blac hugged sapphire, said “I‘m proud of you”,  then he presented her to Jade. He placed Sapphire’s hand on Jade’s and smiled. As a couple, Jade and Sapphire stood in front of the priest.

Before John walked to meet Fiona, he patted Fred on the shoulder. That was his way of welcoming him into the family. Standing next to her felt overwhelming. Jade blushed as they walked to where the priest was.

The priest was an elderly man of about sixty-five years. Although he looked so much younger than his age, he wore a sweet smile that made Sapphire want to say those words. ‘Yes! I love you!! I love you, Jade Alejandro!!!’

“You can now be seated.” He ordered the congregation to take their seat, which they did—accordingly.

“Dearly beloved, it gathered here for us today to witness the joining in holy matrimony of Jade Alejandro and Sapphire Blac. The man who finds a wife has found a good thing. The priest preached on a little. He said the speech and afterward we exchanged vows, tears filling both our eyes.

“Anyone can show just course, while we cannot lawfully join these two in holy matrimony. Let them speak now, or forever hold their peace.” the congregation looked at themselves. Some guests turned to themselves with weird faces.

The woman seating before the woman in black hat looked back. Her eyes could only view her deep red lips. It had the exact colour of a bull’s blood.

“Sapphire Blac... I take you to be my beloved wife. I will love you unconditionally and without hesitation, for it is your heart that moves me, your spirit that inspires me, your humor that delights me, and your hand I want to hold for all of our days.

I Promise to be your perfect husband. I Promise to be your perfect husband. I Promise to be your perfect husband. Your perfect husband will be me. Your perfect husband will be me.

I promise to love, respect and trust you. And for I know that together, we will build a life far better than either of us can imagine, alone.” Then he fixed the beautiful diamond ring on my ring finger and the crowd applauded.