Chapter 11

"Wait, why are we going to see my Nana?" I asked, confused. What did she have to do with this situation?

"Where do you think they got this scroll?" Quin asked, holding up the parchment.

"I hadn't thought about that. Are you saying my Nana had something to do with it?"

"According to these fine people who summoned me, they found it there at her estate," Quin stated with a jerk of her head towards the others.

"What is going on at Nana's house?" I demanded of my parents.

"You'll have to ask her that," aunt Karen sneered.

Assholes. Typical.

"Quin, what magic can you do to keep them here without killing them?" I asked, glaring at them.

"I could turn them to stone," she said simply. "Then I can reverse it later, and they'll be fine."

"What? No!" My Aunt screamed.

"You wouldn't do that to me, would you?" My mother cried, tears streaming down her face.

"What choice have you left us?" I asked coldly.

"We won't do anything! We promise!" She said, standing and clasping her hands together. That was a promise I couldn't trust at all.

"What if you don't turn them back?" I asked.

"Then you have some ugly statues," Quin grinned.

I stared at my parents, thinking through the options. It was the only viable solution. I didn't want them near Nana, and I couldn't trust them on the loose. "Do it."

Quin held her hands together over her head, creating a glowing silver-grey orb, and then released it. My mother cried out once as it sped over to the bed and enveloped the three adults. When the glow faded, my father's statue was in the midst of standing, my mother's figure was still standing with her hands grasped, and my aunt's was flipping us off. Classic.

"Well, that will keep them safe and out of mischief," Quin stated, with a quaver in her voice. "Now we can go see your grandmother."

"Are you alright? Do we still need to go there?" I asked, surprised.

"That spell takes a lot out of me, but I'll be fine if you can give me more food. As for seeing your grandmother, it is my only way home," she explained, "And I do need to go back. There is a lot going on in my world that I need to be there to help with."

Nodding, I led the way up to the kitchen, with Quin looking around at the house as we went. Dee was right where I left her, though I notice she had her phone in her hand now. Mine was on the kitchen island next to her. She looked up and smiled at us, though I could still see the nerves at her seeing Quin.

"I see you found our phones. Anything happen that we missed?" I asked, digging out some snacks for Quin.

"Well, we were both offline all day yesterday and last night, and everyone knows we were supposed to be together, so you can guess what the rumors are," she said with an embarrassed grin.

"And yet they're probably a lot more normal than the reality," I pointed out.

"Speaking of which, where are the others?" She asked.