chapter one

to say y/n was only excited to finally attend the seoul university of arts was a major understatement. she'd waited years and years for this moment, all her endless hardwork and dedication building up towards it. nothing could bring her down from the searing feeling of elation and utmost happiness when she walked through the school entrance.

this is where her future lay, waiting directly in front of her in this moment.

y/n stood there for a single moment, taking in the bustling crowds and general atmosphere of the university. the actual building was an average brick one, it didn't showcase the overwhelming artistry and number of promising futures on the outside as it did on the inside. still, the place was packed, probably wasn't the best idea to join at the busiest time of year when all new students were arriving. unlike some of the other students though, who were wandering around aimlessly seemingly lost,  y/n had someone to find.

yoongi, one of her closest friends growing up, also attended this uni but had joined a year before due to being slightly older. he shared a dorm with two people called namjoon and hoseok who she had never met but only heard positive things about. yoongi seemed to be pretty close with the two of them, namjoon specifically as they took the same major; music production. hoseok, as far as she knew, was a dance major and from the way yoongi talked about him, seemed to be the most upbeat of them all.

she manoeuvred around the people standing in front of her and slightly pushed her way to the main entrance. yoongi had told her to wait near there, and that there was a seoul university of arts sign she couldn't miss, so she dragged her suitcase the last few steps and and stood close by.

y/n looked out at the people around her, a varying range of emotions displayed on their faces but the most prominent one being straight up excitement. excitement for the prospect of independence, excitement to explore the endless amount of futures that awaited them. the path they took in life was going to be chosen and carried out here, and the majority of people were excited for it.

a voice broke y/n's train of thought-

"y/n!" she turned to find yoongi a step or two away from her, a huge grin plastered on his face. without having to think about it, she crossed the small space and threw her arms around his neck, both laughing into the embrace. he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer and after a moment or two, they pull apart.

" yoongi- it's been so long!" y/n laughs again in disbelief at seeing her life time best friend after months without.

"i know, it's still hard to believe you're really here- actually joining the uni."

"god tell me about, it's quite literally a dream come true."

yoongi smiled fondly at her, knowing how bad she wanted this, how much she had committed to this since she was thirteen years old. she would have been devastated if she hadn't been accepted, which was a possibility considering the acceptance rate of the place. but that had just encouraged her more, made her more determined to prove that she would do it.

after a another minute or so of catching up, yoongi led her through the main entrance doors and into a busy hallway, continuing the conversation.

"this hallway is the main one of the building, it has the central reception amongst other things and it also leads to the part of the campus we're living at..."

she had told yoongi beforehand which building and room number she was going to be dorming in, and to her utter joy, he had quickly told her that he was also moving into that building next semester! his room was a few hallways away from hers, but she wasn't going to complain.

after giving her a small tour of the area, yoongi led her to the west side of the campus where they were both going to be living. y/n didn't know who she was going to be dorming with, the letter she received hadn't specified, much to her annoyance.

they crossed a small but cute green space, outside with groups of friends dotted around lying on the grass and basking in the sun. the evening light gave everyone a golden glow as they sat and chatted, a few looking over there revision books. the overall sound of talking mixed with laughter created a relaxed atmosphere which y/n already loved. she already knew all the time spent to get here was worth it.

"okay, so this is our building." yoongi broke y/n out of her daze by pointing out the building they were now standing in front of. it looked like every other here; basic brownish brick built with large windows facing out.

they carried on, yoongi opening the door for them with his keycard as they entered the building. there was quite a few other students all moving into the dorms too, dragging there bags along with them and peering through doorways to see which one is theres.

as yoongi led her through, he greeted a few people with friendly "heyy's!" and "hii's!"who all responded quickly with equal enthusiasm.

he must be pretty well liked here y/n thought as they carried on walking. this didn't surprise her, yoongi had always been that friendly guy everyone liked growing up, she knew she was lucky to have him as one of her, if not only, closest friends.

after another minute or so had passed and they had climbed a staircase, they reached yoongi's dorm were namjoon and hoseok were. yoongi wanted y/n to meet them as soon as possible. he pushed the already slightly ajar door open and stepped inside, revealing the two of them sitting on a couch nearly directly in front of them. they looked up.

"namjoon, hoseok, meet y/n." yoongi introduced her, smiling widely.

"y/n! we've heard so much about you, i'm hoseok." he greeted her, smiling warmly. she nodded and smiled with enthusiasm in return.

"and i'm namjoon, yoongi's favourite person after you, even if he fails to admit it." he teased yoongi as yoongi hit him lightly on the arm. she laughed at the two of them, already loving him and their dynamic.

"it's so nice to finally meet you both, yoongi never shuts up about either of you."

"do you guys wanna, like, stop?" she turned to look to her side where yoongi stood with a mock fed-up expression on his face.

"aw yoongi, you never told us that." hoseok joined in, teasing him while laughing.

"great, you guys are already ganging up on me and it's been less then a minute."

"y/n's gonna replace you soon yoongi, she already looks cooler then you." hoseok added.

"well that's not exactly hard to beat." she said, partly under her breath but loud enough for them all to hear.

"see! she's proving our point." the three of them laughed, yoongi not joining in as he crossed his arms and pretend to act annoyed.

"right that's it, y/n i'm gonna take you to your dorm now." he beckoned for you to follow him, giving namjoon and hoseok an exaggerated glare as he turned.

"cool, it's room 207 by the way." she turned to follow him when she heard quiet whispering behind her.

"wait- y/n did you just say room 207?"

"uh yeah?" she looked confusedly at them.

"are you sure?" namjoon questioned her.

"yeah look.." she paused for a second so she could grab the letter that says so "it says right here, room 207." she pointed at the words.

namjoon and hoseok both looked at each other, confusion clearly shown on both of their faces.

"no, that must be wrong..." hoseok started.

"it can't be, isn't that.." namjoon trailed off.

a look of realisation struck both their faces.

"jungkook's room."

-

note:
hi!!! thank you so much for reading, i hope you enjoyed :-) this is my first fanfic so i'm sorry in advance for the writing lol
- lo <3