chapter three

a week had passed since y/n had been basically kicked out of her dorm by junkook and she was currently living with yoongi, namjoon and hoseok.

the living situation wasn't... ideal, but they had made it work under the current circumstances. their dorm had a nice plan; the living space and kitchen was one, open room with two separate rooms branching off on either side.

she was sleeping in yoongi's bed while he slept on a mattress on the floor of his room as they wouldn't both fit in the single bed. she had tried to argue against him on this but he had disagreed, saying that since it was her first week she at least deserved a proper bed to sleep in.

staying at yoongi's dorm also meant that she got to know namjoon and hoseok much better and quicker then she probably would have otherwise.

namjoon, she quickly found out, was the most caring and kind hearted person she had met. his mere presence was comforting, he was the kind of person who could ease your stress within minutes of hanging out. but he was also extremely clumsy. like so clumsy it was hard to believe one human could break so many pieces of crockery accidentally in a week. or knock so many random objects off the kitchen counter during one cooking session. she heard hoseok once refer to him as a 'friendly giant' which y/n though fitted him perfectly.

similarly, hoseok was also a very loving soul, he radiated happiness. nearly everything he said was aimed to make you smile or feel better meaning y/n had become comfortable with him in less than a day, his aura just naturally assuring. she was glad yoongi had found such amazing friends here, ones that were sure to stay with him, and hopefully her, after uni.

the living situation also meant that y/n got help from all three of them to find her way to her classes and around campus. she was taking a music major meaning the studios she worked in majority of the time were close to where yoongi and namjoon were. she was glad that because of this, the amount of time she would have had to spend wandering around lost and confused like every other new student was reduced hugely.

apart from those three, y/n had only made one other friend that really counted, sana. she was in the same vocals class as her and they had instantly hit off when sana arrived late and took the seat next to her. she was insanely pretty with wavy chestnut hair and golden skin. she of course had the singing voice of an angel to match her looks. y/n was glad to make a female friend at the place, don't get her wrong, the guys are great, but it's nice to have a girl to talk too to.

"namjoon! what the fuck- not again!"

y/n heard a muffled smash and a following yell from the other side of the wall, she didn't even have to look to know it was directed at namjoon and most likely from yoongi. she was currently dumping all her work from class on to her side of yoongi's desk, after just arriving back from it.

y/n opened the door to the living room at the same time hoseok emerged from his shared room with namjoon. he had just gotten changed from his dance practice clothes to an a outfit that consisted of a range of vibrant colours. nothing surprising there when it came to hoseok. y/n hadn't bothered to get changed from her outfit that she wore during the day, all she had done was sing and play guitar in it.

 y/n hadn't bothered to get changed from her outfit that she wore during the day, all she had done was sing and play guitar in it

(the outfit you're wearing in my mind, completely okay if you see it differently:)

namjoon appeared to have dropped a bowl containing food onto the kitchens hardwood floor, causing it to smash into little pieces and scatter over the place. he was already on the cleanup job, apologising profusely, like always. yoongi watched him from the side, unimpressed, like always.

"hey yoongi, you decided on a movie for tonight?" y/n said from where she had collapsed sideways on to the couch. they were attempting to have some sort of 'movie night', which was basically something to give them an excuse to over eat junk food.

"i was thinking that new studio ghibli one? it's supposed to be good." he said, still watching namjoon clear up on the floor. 

"cool, sounds good to me."

"you guys might not wanna walk without shoes in the kitchen tonight guys, just in case i missed some." namjoon interjected into the conversation.

"i swear i hear you say this like several times a day."

namjoon carried on till he was sat on the the other side of the couch to y/n, acting as though he hadn't heard. he lifted her legs that were currently sprawled across the couch so that they rested on him. she hummed a thank you.

yoongi and hoseok joined them and they continued chatting. at some point in the conversation, y/n sat up and grabbed her acoustic guitar. she started to play a simple chord progression she had worked on during class earlier. so far it was only light, so it was perfect for background music during conversation.

after a short amount of time had passed, they heard someone knock on the door.

"i'll get it." hoseok said brightly, standing up and walking over.

he opened the door, leaning against it which meant he blocked the other person from view. she couldn't make any words out, only quiet murmuring.

after a moment or two hoseok stepped back, leading the other person into the room. y/n glanced up to see who it was and her face instantly hardened at the sight of him. she turned and spoke quietly to yoongi.

"what the fuck is jungkook doing here?"