chapter twelve

how i imagine jungkook in this, that length, style and colour of hair :)

y/n had been living with jungkook for nearly three weeks now and this is what she had discovered about him.

1. he was very popular with the ladies.

y/n quickly found that it wasn't uncommon for her to leave her room in the morning and find another girl tiptoeing to the bathroom, or peering into the kitchen, looking slightly disheveled.

first it had been extremely awkward, y/n for once, not knowing what to say. they'd either awkwardly acknowledge each other or ignore each other's existence altogether. but it had gotten to the point where y/n had no choice but to smile brightly and greet them in the morning, diffusing the awkwardness of the situation. more then once, jungkook had emerged from his room to find y/n and his latest bed partner sat on the counter, drinking a coffee y/n had made as they chatted merrily away. she sometimes cooked breakfast too if she was in a good mood.

she hadn't realised it bothered jungkook until one time, after the girl left, all brightfull smiles and hopeful eyes, he had glared at her while   y/n cleared up. she ignored him until a full thirty seconds passed and she felt she couldn't any longer.

"what?" she asked.

"what was that."

"what- you mean me being friendly to one of your lovers?"

he narrowed his eyes. "exactly. don't do it." he paused, and said as if an after thought. "please."

"ohh, he said please, i guess i'll have too now!"

"funny." he fake smiled. "i mean it."

his mocking smile flared a spark of irritation inside of y/n and she felt her anger rise. it seemed only jungkook could annoy her by just having a certain expression on his face.

"i was just being a normal, nice human being. it's not that big of a deal jeon." y/n had replied.

"yeah, well i don't want her getting any ideas, so if you could refrain from being so nice, i would appreciate it." 

jungkook scowled at her and she made a face back at him. and that was the end of that.

2. he was stubborn as a fucking ox.

and it's not like he was even stubborn about things that mattered or stuff he really believed was morally right or whatever, it was over the smallest, most insignificant things. like he refused to tell y/n when he was going shopping or what he was getting, so they often clashed and bought similar items. it wasn't uncommon for them to end up with, like, four cartons of milk in the fridge. and it seemed he only did just because y/n had asked him to tell her and he had to do the opposite of what she said, by principle. obviously.

it didn't help that she was just as stubborn, and so refused to let go of his stupid habits and ways that he thought were so right. it seemed that jungkook wasn't used to living with someone he wasn't related to, aka someone who wasn't genetically programmed to put up with his bullshit.

3. the whole 'not sleeping thing' really wasn't a joke.

jungkook left and came back to the dorm at all different strange hours and there didn't seem to be any pattern to his coming and goings. y/n would come back from a lecture in the afternoon and find him sprawled out on the couch, deeply asleep. or the complete opposite and he'll be ia until well in to the next day.

it seemed to be his routine, the way he'd been living for a while. and y/n being there wasn't having any obvious effect. they weren't sleeping in the same bed (there was no way jungkook would allow that in a hundred years) and y/n was pretty sure that was why. when he had slept with her before, they had shared the actual bed.