chapter eight

start playing:
super massive black hole- muse.

once y/n had caught jungkooks gaze she didn't look away. and neither did he. they looked at each other across the room, bodies moving in a blur around them but their gaze never broke.

he was stood just barely on the edge of the group of people dancing, next to yoongi and the others. so that's who they found when we entered the dorm.

a unflinching smirk was present on his face as he watched y/n. one arm was crossed over his chest as he used the other to take a sip of his drink, never taking his eyes of her. her face heated up slightly at the intense eye contact, but still she didn't look away, a smirk of her own growing.

an idea appeared in y/n's head, probably more the alcohols idea rather then hers. she wasn't entirely sure what, but she had this feeling, as though she had to prove something to jungkook and she wasn't sure why.

so she turned her gaze away from him and back to sana and ryujin. much to her pleasure, she still felt his eyes on her. the song had just changed to something, a very different vibe to before.

after daring one last glance at jungkook over her shoulder, she started to dance again. but this time she danced differently to before.

her moves were a lot more sensual, a lot more slow and seductive. she let her hips sway from side to side, arching her back more then before. she brushed against sana and ryujin, all dancing together, moving together.

after a minute had passed, she stopped watching jungkook from her peripheral and turned her head to fully face him. just as she expected, he was still watching her. the same expression on his face.

this time she didn't look away, she continued to lock eyes with him as she danced. the corner of y/n's lip turned up slightly.

he was so predictable. not surprising, he was a man after all.

jungkook watched as y/n started to drag her hands up along her body, in a very non pg way. one hand teased at the bottom of her dress, exposing some of the smooth skin of her thigh. but she let go before she dragged it any higher. he groaned internally.

y/n's smile only grew at jungkook's clear frustration, encouraging her more. her hands brushed lightly along her torso, the backs of her fingers tracing up to her shoulders and head.

there they tangled in her hair, swiping it from where it rested around her neck. she threw her head back and closed her eyes as though she was just enjoying and absorbed in the music, but really she was doing something much different.

she stayed in this position for a moment as she continued to sway her hips and curve her body. she let her head roll along her shoulders until it was at a slight angle. then, she opened her eyes slowly, looking directly at jungkook.

this time, his expression was a lot less playful and lot more intense. the smirk had dropped from his face and his eyes were now narrowed and dark, watching her.

y/n raised her head and turned away again, facing sana and ryujin who were oblivious to the whole exchange. she continued to dance, casting one last glance over her shoulder at him, flicking her hair in the process.

she had looked just as he was turning away, which he did with a slight roll of his eyes and shake of his head. mission accomplished.

her, sana and ryujin stayed where they were for the next half hour, starting to chat and dance with the people around them. y/n acted as though the whole thing with jungkook hadn't happened, refusing to look at him again. even when she felt his gaze fall on her once again.

once they started to tire out, they weaved there way out until they were by the kitchen counter, joining a few other people. she couldn't see jungkook anywhere close by.

they went over to the selection of drinks messily laid out across the counter. y/n poured herself another vodka and coke, (perhaps a little more vodka then necessary) not keen on mixing drinks.

the three of them leant against the counter as they drank there drinks, trying to slow there breathing and heart rate from the dancing and loud music. y/n let her head fall on sana's shoulder as she tried to catch her breath. she felt, rather then heard, sana hum in contentment.

"so how are you finding you first party here so far y/n?" ryujin asked after a moment.

she lifted her head off sana before answering.

"yeah, good! enjoying it so far."

"yay! i'm glad. and the nights only just started!"

"very true!" sana laughed in reply.

fifteen minutes or so passed of them chatting idly and finishing off their drinks. they couldn't hold them dancing and they couldn't risk leaving them alone, so they had to finish them quickly.

they pushed off the counter, to either go dance again, or find some other people they knew. but before y/n could find out, she caught jungkooks gaze once again. his expression was still pretty similar to when she had last looked at him.

an idea popped into y/n's head just before she was about to follow sana and ryujin. most likely a very bad idea. no, definitely a very bad idea. the alcohol she had downed was no doubt taking its toll. (or she just wanted to blame her behaviour on something.) even so, she called over to sana and ryujin.

"hey guys, im gonna try and find the toilet, i'll find you later don't worry!"

"okay!" she heard sana reply from behind her, she was now looking at jungkook again.

he raised his eyebrows as if asking a question. she merely smiled and started to walk away in return, heading towards the door and hallway. she hoped he would understand what she meant.

it wasn't until she reached the door that she felt his presence behind her. he had followed.