chapter four

start playing:
devils advocate- the neighbourhood.

"cmon y/n, give him a chance." yoongi
whispered back.

jungkook caught your gaze as he walked in to the room, smirking slightly at the expression on your face. you put your guitar down and turned away from him.

"jungkook lost his dorm key, i think it's in the pocket of my hoodie he borrowed." hoseok explained as he crossed the space in to his room. jungkook followed.

yoongi and namjoon both looked at you as soon as he left the room.

"what? i'm allowed to not like the guy."

"look, y/n..."

he was interrupted before he could finish by hoseok and jungkook entering the room again.

"i said jungkook could stay to watch a movie with us, is that alright?" hoseok said, looking around at them.

"yes."

"no."

yoongi and y/n spoke at the same time. yoongi turned to her and gave her a look. be nice, it said. she rolled her eyes.

"fine, yeah that's fine."

"thanks guys." jungkook avoided looking at her as he spoke. y/n rolled her eyes again.

as only two small sofa's could fit in the dorm, it was going to be a squeeze for all of them to sit on them. they reshuffled themselves, y/n moving up to the end, allowing the space for another person to sit between her and yoongi. and, of course, just her luck that that person was jungkook. hoseok had sat on the other smaller couch, next to namjoon.

traitor she mouthed at him. he only smiled smugly at her and turned away.

yoongi grabbed the remote off the coffee table and went to find the movie. the limited amount of space meant that all three of them were sat very closely together, nearly no space between them. she tried to push herself as far from jungkook as humanly possibly, but it came to no avail. starting from his shoulders, their arms, and all along their legs they were pressed tightly together.

boy this was gonna be a long movie.

y/n was tense at first, but as the movie began she relaxed, becoming invested in it and its cinematography. after a while, she forgot jungkook was even there, to lost in the world of the movie.

but that was until jungkook shifted in his place after sitting still for so long. the movement meant that he was even closer to her than before, even though she had thought that was impossible. the sheer proximity meant she became even more hyper aware of the heat radiating off him, and the way jungkooks burning skin brushed against hers everytime he even so much as moved a muscle.

she tried to move further away again, but just as she shifted, she felt his leg press against hers harder, his legs spreading further apart slightly. she stilled.

a moment passed and y/n could still feel the pressure against her leg. she turned her head ever so slightly and peeked at jungkook through her hair, but he was looking straight forward, as though he hadn't moved.

huh. maybe i imagined it.

she waited a few seconds before attempting to move away once more but, again, jungkooks thigh pressing against hers stopped her. she dropped her head back to rest on the back of the couch and took a deep breathe in.

jungkook has acted as nothing but a dick towards her so far, but she wasn't dumb; she was veryy aware of how blatantly attractive jungkook was. jungkooks lean body and mesmerising face was undeniable. and now he was apparently making a point of touching her?

what the fuck was he up too?

she couldn't stop her breath hitching when his ankle knocked against hers, meaning the entire length of their legs were pushed together.

y/n wasn't going to let him get away this, let him have this effect on her after doing so little and not do anything about it. so after another few excruciating moments passed where neither of them moved, y/n placed her hand on her thigh, dangerously close to touching his. she felt him tense slightly beside her.

she inched her fingers the tiniest amount closer to him and then stopped. jungkooks breath faltered. she moved the same amount again, her fingers just barely, not even, brushing against the exposed skin in the rip of his jeans. she heard him take in a sharp intake of breathe.

just as y/n was about to decide on her next move, the screen in front of them turned black and the closing credits started rolling.

namjoon turned the lights back on and conversation started up again, probably discussing the movie. but y/n wasn't listening. she was still hyper aware of junkook beside her and every action he took.

more space on the couch freed up as yoongi stood but, still, jungkook didn't move an inch. they were still sat as close as before.

y/n knew that sooner or later it was going to look a bit strange; both of them still pressed up against eachother and not joining in on the conversation, one of them needed to move.

but before she could decide how, jungkook turned his head towards her. he looked at her with a playful smirk on his face, but his eyes were dark and narrowed. she didn't know if he was going to say something or not because before he could, she stood up, placing her hand on his upper thigh as she did so. perhaps a little higher then necessary but she still wanted to get him back, not completely sure for what at this point.

no one else in the room noticed, thankfully.

once she stood up, she grabbed her guitar which was resting on the side of the couch and brought it to its stand on the other side of the room, as though that's what she had planned to do the entire time.

her eyes flickered to jungkook as she put it down. he was watching her every from across the room, his eyes following her with the same expression still present on his face. she allowed a small smirk to play on her lips before turning away. pay back.

"so did you like the movie, y/n?" namjoon said, turning his head and resting his arm on the back of the sofa to call over to her.

"yeah. yeah it was good, i really enjoyed it." she said, but as she talked, her eyes glanced over to jungkook once more. as if she was talking about something else.