chapter eleven

jungkook just shrugged in response to there puzzled expression, looking slightly uncomfortable at the turn of conversation. y/n didn't understand what the issue was? what had she said to confuse them?

"jungkook? did that actually happen?" yoongi questioned again.

"...yeah." he answered.

"you're serious? do you realise how big this is?"

jungkook didn't answer but looked visibly uncomfortable at what yoongi said.

"and it also means that y/n can move back into her original dorm." hoseok said with a smile.

jungkook scowled at him.

what the hell? what were they talking about?

y/n was still completely lost on what any of it meant.

"uh hello? does anyone wanna explain to me what's going on?" she said when they carried on talking without explaining to her.

they all looked at her as if they had forgotten she was in the room with them. wow.

"can we tell her or do you..." yoongi started, asking jungkook.

"can't exactly not tell her now can we?" he replied sarcastically.

yoongi gave him a look and he sighed, falling back on to the couch in defeat.

"yeah i guess, go ahead." was his reply.

what could he possibly tell me? was something wrong with jungkook? had something happened?

yoongi turned back towards y/n to speak to her.

"y/n.. i know you've been so confused about the whole dorm situation with jungkook and i'm sorry we couldn't explain to you sooner but it in the end it is jungkooks choice.. anyway the reason we were so surprised at jungkook actually sleeping with you is because.. he has insomnia." he paused.

"like seriously bad insomnia. he doesn't sleep most nights and when he does it's for no longer then a couple of hours. sleeping with other people there or in the room only makes it worse." yoongi finished.

woah. he has insomnia? that was the thing they were hiding from her?

well it certainly explained a lot. like why jungkook kicked her out, why he hadn't liked her from the get go considering she had been on his case about the dorm thing and why they were all so surprised about jungkook falling asleep with her present. she wondered what had brought it on.

she started to feel a little guilty at the way she had acted towards him now. the guy just wanted to be able to sleep and she hadn't let it go. but then again, he treated her just as bad and gave no explanation. not even a lie. she had been thinking he just straight up disliked her this whole time.

wait a second. jungkook was able to sleep with me there? huh..

now this confused y/n. what was so different about her? how had been able to sleep with her there? y/n didn't know the answer, and by the look on jungkooks face, neither did he.

"wow um okay, i uh, didn't expect that. so what does this mean?" was the first thing y/n could think to say. she knew jungkook would rather die then be pitied by her.

"for what?" jungkook said. it was the first thing he had directed at her in the whole conversation.

"she means the dorms.. you know, now you can sleep with her there." yoongi answered for her.

"yeah! now yoongi won't have too sleep on the floor anymore." hoseok added in.

"you've been sleeping on the floor?" jungkook asked.

"well on a mattress, but yeah, the floor of my room. me and y/n have been sharing."

he didn't answer.

"you know how hectic our dorm is anyway jk, with hoseok and namjoon sharing a single room. plus jimin and taehyung who are nearly always here."

it was true. y/n knew yoongi was right so she wasn't hurt by it. there dorm had got to be one of the busiest ones at the university. jimin and taehyung always seemed to be messing about somewhere in the place, and jungkook always tagging along after hoseok. it was only fair enough for y/n to go back to her original dorm.

but still, didn't mean she was happy about it.

"i don't even know if it'll happen again, it was probably a one off." jungkook answered.

"but what if it wasn't? you'd be able to sleep jk. there's no harm in trying."

he stayed quiet. probably debating about what yoongi had just said.

"just give her a chance, please. she may be able to help you."

jungkook scoffed at that and looked back at y/n, scanning her up and down. y/n rolled her eyes.

"one month, jungkook. just one month."

"for your record, i don't need 'help'." he finally replied.

"look if you still don't want to room with her after a month, we'll take her back, gladly."

y/n raised her hand. "do i get a say in this?"

"no."

she lowered it. "okay."

jungkook still looked reluctant, but it looked like it was slowly giving away.

"a month really isn't that long, besides.." yoongis eyes flickered towards y/n. "she's not that bad of a roommate, even if she starts singing a song that relates to what you're saying every damn time you speak, she can be funny... sometimes."

"wow i'm flattered yoongi."

jungkook waited a moment before speaking.

"fine. just a month."

yoongi gave him a delighted look before pulling him into a hug, which surprised y/n; she didn't think jungkook was the kind of person who appreciated skin-ship. unlike her.

well. i guess that's settled then. i'm really going to be sharing a dorm with jungkook.

yoongi separated from him and fell back into his spot on the couch. jungkook leant back, huffing. silence crept back into the room once again, after the conversation ended, no one having anything else to say about it all.
y/n bit her lip, she couldn't stand awkward silences.

"so.. you wanna share the bed or?" she said, directing it at him and faking innocence.

his head snapped towards her, surprise briefly flashing on his face before he gave her the most withering look she had received yet.

i'll take that as a no, then.

-

omg i'm so sorry guys this is so cringe i hate it >:( hope u enjoy tho lol