chapter seven

the walk was fairly quick so it didn't take long for them to arrive at the building, even though it involved many jokes and lots of laughter as usual. a couple of groups of people lingered outside the dorm building on the grassy patch outside, laughter heard from them as presumably waited for there friends like them.

as they neared, y/n could hear the muffled music through the buildings walls and the slightly distant noise of people talking. the atmosphere was already upbeat and bright, much to y/n's pleasure.

"y/n!"

she heard someone call her name from somewhere nearby so she turned to see who.

"sana, hi!" y/n parted from the group to go and greet her. she pulled her in and gave her a hug.

when she stepped back, y/n realised that sana wasn't alone. she had brought someone along with her, that wasn't chan for once. y/n smiled at them brightly in greeting.

"this is ryujin, the friend i was telling you about?" sana introduced her.

"all good things i hope." ryujin said.

"of course, i would never dare say anything otherwise." sana replied, in mock exaggeration. the two of them laughed in response.

"hi! it's nice to finally meet you ryujin, sana has mentioned you on several occasions." she said as she hugged ryujin.

"oh really? not that surprised if i'm honest." ryujin replied as sana went to hit her on the shoulder.

the interaction between them instantly reminded y/n of when yoongi first introduced her to namjoon. the dynamic between them very similar to the groups.

"the rest of the groups over there, if you guys wanna join?"

"yeah of course, i wanna finally meet them!" sana replied and ryujin nodded along.

y/n lead them over to where where they waited a few paces away. she noticed an extra person in the group as she moved closer and realised, much to her dismay, that it was jungkook.

when she reached them, y/n and jungkook regarded each other without saying anything. neither of them looking particularly happy about seeing eachother.

"i'm guessing that's jungkook by the look y/n's giving him." she heard sana whisper beside her to ryujin.

"hey y/n, wanna introduce us to your friends?" yoongi said, before either her or jungkook could insult eachother.

"oh yeah sorry, of course." she turned partly so she could gesture towards them.

"this is sana, who i've told you guys about, and this is her friend ryujin!"

"nice to meet you guys!" sana said. ryujin smiled along, agreeing.

"yeah, you too! thanks for being nice to y/n, you know with it being her first week and everything." yoongi said in a mock caring tone, as if he was serious.

"ohh shut up yoongi." y/n said with a roll of her eyes, shaking her head at sana and ryujin. they laughed in reply.

"anyway moving on, this is yoongi, as you know.." she pointed at each of them as she introduced them. she left jungkook until last and said his name as though it was a mere afterthought. he huffed as she turned back around. a small smile crept onto her mouth at the sound.

-

after having a brief conversation getting to know each other, the group of them had entered the building and were currently making their way down a hallway.