Platonic?

It slipped, right from his mouth the  three words I never thought I would hear from anyone in my life, 'I love you.' Now he could have accidently said it to me, though I don't know why he would have those words in his vocabulary. Grandmaster isn't really the loving type, he screws people to screw, he loves it, he loves it when people throw themselves on him, he just loves it. In fact he lives for it. 

So I turn towards him with my brow furrowed, "What did you say?"

"I said 'I love you' we're friends, have been for 6 years, so what?" 

"I didn't know you were  capable of love"

"Well I am, and you are the only person I love" he stated matter of factly. 

What am I supposed to say to that? Surely he loves someone else. 

"I don't think you love me, you just think you do, that's all"

"well that's where you're wrong, I know I love you, you are the one who thinks I don't, not me."

I stood there puzzled, I came into his room to ask a simple question and once I got my answer I turned to leave before hearing his words, his words that started a whole new conversation that I never thought I would have. It's all just confusing. How does he know he loves me? Friends aren't supposed to love each other, are they? Can they? Does he mean it differently then friends? Like a couple way? 

"Well how do you know you love me?" 

"God Loki! I know because I look forward to seeing you or talking to you! I love hanging out with my friend! I love everything about you!"

"Just platonically right? Nothing more?"

"Of course!"

See I don't know if I believe that, En Dwi Ghast doesn't always tell the truth. He can hide it really well from me, which is confusing because I'm the God of Mischief and Lies. So I should be able to tell if he is lying but it's different with him. But maybe he isn't lying, I decide to just drop it and actually leave his room.

It's happened more often, every time I would leave he would say 'I love you'  or every time he left. Or even before we would hang up from face time he would always say  'I love you.'  It's starting to drive me crazy and there was always just one question on my mind. 'Does he mean it platonically or not?'

I've noticed how much more affectionate he is towards me. He would always interlock our arms and I would play it off. Or when I'm laying on the couch he would ask me to lift my head so he could sit and I would, he would lay my head in his lap and gently run his fingers through my hair. I don't push his hands away because I like the calming feeling I have when his hands are grazing through my hair. There are times when he would just hug me from behind when I'm cooking, he would smell my hair and lean his body against mine. 

When I'm walking through the garden he would come from around the corner interlock our fingers like it's a normal thing to do. 

I've gotten so used to it that I don't twice about it. I am starting to miss his affection every time I'm not around him. I think about the day as I lie awake unable to sleep and the only thing I can think of his him and how I feel. 

As I walk into the kitchen ready to make breakfast and coffee I see him sitting there with a cup already made just sitting there sipping his coffee. I just go to the stove and start making our breakfast, I make his scrambled eggs, add a little bit of milk to give it more fluff add salt and pepper and serve it to him. Leaning over him I place it on the table and kiss his cheek before I turn back to my eggs and begin to stir them in the bowl. 

"Thanks, love you"

 thinking nothing of it I respond, "You're welcome, love you too." 

I didn't notice he stopped eating and was staring at me until he cleared his throat and I turned around.

"Yes?"

"Platonically?"

"What?"

"Do you love me platonically?"

I take a gulp and try to answer, "I- well- uh- yeah?" Yep that totally sold him.

"Well I don't love you platonically and if I can judge that lie I don't think you love me platonically either." 

I just stood there frozen in my spot, or well maybe frozen in time.

"So if you want maybe we give us a try?"

Instead of saying yes like I was thinking I didn't move, not a single muscle. Almost like my muscles were frozen as well. 

"I need a yes or a no."

I still just stood there I didn't even see him, I just saw the wall behind him, I didn't know he moved until lips were on mine. I blinked a couple of times before realizing those were his lips. His eyes were closed as he kissed my lips passionately and finally after I unfroze my lips were in sync with his.

 "Yes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Been awhile since my last post on this story. I didn't think I would be posting another one-shot on this one, but if you want more just comment or vote or whatever. You can request a scenario I really don't have a lot on my plate except for the coming up weekend (6/18 through 6/20/2021 Family Reunion on the 19 in Missouri). I have other stories if you want to check those out. I also do love to read comments so if you could comment something I'll read them, possibly respond, I'm just awkward and don't know how to respond most of the time. 

one other thing I'm a little late but Happy Pride Month for all you lovely people out there that are apart of the LGBTQ+ group such as myself. If your are apart of the  amazing community tell me! I myself am a Bisexual!! 

Thank you for reading this far, I am not the best writer but I am slowly getting better and with that said:  Peace out boy scout✌!