Chapter 3

The two caught up to Techno and Tubbo just as they approached the campsite, and she was rubbing her wrist from how quickly Tommy had pulled her after them. The boys' base was decently well made. There were two tent-like structures, made from cloth, and a smothered campfire in the center.

Tommy and Tubbo announced that they would go to find Ranboo, and that Kayla and Techno should wait in their camp. They agreed, so the two boys ran off into the forest. Kayla walked over and stood next to Techno.

"So, what do you think of them?" Techno asked.

"They seem nice," she replied, "But, Techno, they're barely more than children. How could anyone force them to fend for themselves in this place?"

"Don't look down on them," he said, "I've seen them fight against people much older than themselves. They hold their own."

"By the way, who's Dream? Tommy mentioned the name to me," I explained, "He said that out of the three dead contestants, one was killed by you, one died by accident, and one was killed by Dream. So, I'm guessing Dream is another contestant?"

"That would be correct," Techno answered, nodding, "Dream is one of the better players in the Games. His allies are George and Sapnap, and the three of them call themselves the Dream Team. Altogether, they make a formidable enemy. I haven't seen him or his allies since the first day in the arena. I've heard rumors that they made a base hidden in the hills."

"Would you beat Dream in a fight?" Kayla asked him. Techno shrugged, a bored expression on his face.

"Can't say for sure, though I'd hope so," he deadpanned, "I mean, I've already created a motto for myself. 'Technoblade Never Dies.' I'd hope to live up to it, you know." Kayla had to hold back a laugh at the pink-haired male.

"So, um, backtrack a little bit," she said, "Why did you kill the one contestant? Who were they?"

"Self defense. He had attacked me in the middle of the night and I meant to only injure him, but he bled out from his wounds," Techno sighed, "He was— uh, d-mn, why can't I remember his name? It was only a few days ago... what was he called?" He scratched his head in confusion.

"We're back, b-tches!" Tommy exclaimed, popping into sight from beyond the undergrowth, "And look who we found!" Two more people followed behind Tommy, one being Tubbo and the other being, presumably, Ranboo.

"Um, hello. Nice to meet you," Ranboo said quietly, "Tommy said you're a new contestant in the Games?" The male almost seemed to be split down the middle, with one half being white and the other being black. He had one green eye, on the black side, and one red eye, on the white side.

"I'm Kayla. Nice to meet you, too, Ranboo," she replied happily. Tubbo directed a pleased smile towards Ranboo, who returned it eagerly. Tommy stuck his tongue out and looked away.

"I can't even with the two of you," Tommy muttered in disgust, shaking his head, "The things I catch you doing! Techno, Kayla— you won't believe what I just saw the other day! They—"

"I think we better get going now," Techno cut in quickly, "We have many more people to meet and the rest of the arena to become acquainted with. If you'll excuse us?"

"Yeah. True," Kayla agreed, nodding quickly, " It was quite the pleasure of meeting you three. I'll probably see you around." Tommy's head dipped in disappointment but he conceded.

"We'll, okay then," he sighed, "Bye, Techno. Bye, Kayla." Tubbo and Ranboo waved goodbye as well, and so the two allies left their camp. They walked back towards the lake, pausing next to the water. Kayla looked over at Techno, who had a concerned expression on his face.