Chapter 10: Bored

He's gone.

He's finally left. Finally abandoned Tommy. But that's not right.

It's been a while since Dream's last visit. But they have a routine now. They do. Don't they? A little over a month apart with just enough time to spend a few days together. Never more.

Not that Tommy's complaining. These months have been utter bliss. Nononono, it's just. He has, he has more now. He has food now. Stockpiles of bread and more than enough bowls for his soup. His diet hasn't changed. In some ways it's worsened. He doesn't get much protein. His pond doesn't have enough to sustain him, so he refuses to kill the single fish Dream left him.

Isn't that Sapnap's? Mars.

That's not Dream's. And no one knows about Tommy? Maybe he's just confused. Tropical fish aren't completely rare or uncommon if you know where to look. It's just a joke.

Dream.

He. The bas-Dream. Dream wouldn't cause trouble? NO!!! Its, that's. THE DAMN GREEN BASTARD!!! That's right!

Yeah?

Yes! It is. It has to...

Not that's wrong. Its just Dream. Dream, that's all.

Yeah

...

That Dream always comes back here. For a few days. Just a few!

He'll be back.

Wasting his precious time on pathetic scum.

Teaching.

Teaching vermin how to behave properly. How to live the correct way. How to, to be, to be fucking PERFECT!!!

. . . . .

There's work to be done. So much work. No time for diversions. Whatever the fuck that means.

Tommy's gotta stay productive.

Can't stop. You can't be worthless.

You have to be valuable. Or else.

Or else you have to face the consequences. Or worst.

So it's time to redo his chores. To wash his shirt. Check the farm. Pulled the harvest. Prep the soup. And, and then... What else is Tommy supposed to do?

There's literally nothing here. Just a farm and some chests.

He doesn't have any tools. Any materials. That's the rule. He can't make any more mistakes. So he has to be better. Figure something out. Sitting around all day isn't productive. What would that bas- what would Dream do if he saw Tommy getting distracted?

But there's nothing left. There's nothing left to do. Why isn't there anything else to do!?

Tommy needs to do something. Anything!

Count the clouds? That's a good idea. Or it would be if there were ever any fucking clouds around here. Like what the fuck! Why is it either empty skies or shitty downpours? Can't there be an in between?