26: 𝘤𝘶𝘻 𝘪 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 ☆

There is a little talk about abuse in this chapter.

The parking lot of the hospital is brightly lit yet feels eerie and weird. I cling to Aleksander's side as we walk to the front doors. 

They slide open slowly, a person sitting at a desk directly in front. "Hello. How may I help you?" They kindly asks us. 

"We're here to see Lorenzo Ferraro," Atticus is the one to reply. 

They hums and begins typing something into the computer. "He's on the third floor. Room seventeen."

"Okay. Thank you," Atticus says. 

We walk to the elevator, me pushing the button because it's fun. Stepping into it, anxiety swarms my body, making me insanely hot while my fingers now twiddle with Aleks shirt. 

What if he hates me? What if he tells Alek that he can't be with me?

"Elvi?" Aleks soft, deep voice snaps me out of my spiraling thoughts. "Are you okay, love?"

"Mhm, j-just nervous," I tell him. 

He smiles sweetly at me, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I understand, baby. He's not too bad, and I'll be right beside you the whole time," he speaks quietly so Atticus and Lennox don't hear us. 

"O-okay." 

"Good girl," he whispers against my lips, softly brushing them together. "I love you, little baby."

"I love you, d-darling." Pulling him down by his neck, I kiss him again, just as soft. 

"Bro, yall are gross," Lennox interrupts, making us pull away. 

My cheeks turn red, burning in embarrassment.  

"And this is why you aren't dating anyone, dumb ass," Atticus informs. 

Lennox turns to glare at him. He glares a lot. "It's cute if I do it with someone, just not watching other people do it."

Atticus looks at him like he's grown two heads. 

The elevator dings and the doors open. That was a very long ride. 

We walk down the halls that are full of nurses and doctors, rushing around. 

When we get to door seventeen, Alek is the one to knock. 

A hoarse, "come in," is heard. Alek turns the doorknob, opening the light brown door. 

Atticus is the first to step into the room, Lennox second. I tighten my grip on Alek's arm and step in too. 

"Wassup, dickhead," Lennox oh so kindly says, sitting on a chair beside the hospital bed. Spreading his legs and smirking at the man in the bed. 

The man is average. That's a nice way to put it. I don't know where Alek, Atticus, and Lennox got their good looks from, is another way to say it. 

His grey hair is balding badly, a crooked nose on his bruised face, simple blue eyes. His arm is in a sling, wires connected to him and machines.

Not what I expected. 

I feel Alek tense up, so I rub my hand up and down his bicep. It feels really nice. 

"Well hello, Lennox. Thanks for your kind words," the man says sarcastically. "Why are you two here?" He asks, turning to Atticus. 

"Someone's here to see you, and of course we had to be here to enjoy the show," Atticus responds. 

His face contorts into confusion before turning to the door, eyes widening when he sees Alek. 

"Aleksander?"