34: 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 ✦

"Are you gonna tell her?"

"Yes, I'm gonna tell her, Lennox. Now shut the fuck up so she doesn't wake up."

It's currently four in the morning. Lennox and Atticus sit in the back seats of my car as we drive back home. I got a call from Elvi's dad that made me pack our bags very quickly and carry Elvi out to the car knowing her father needed to be the one to tell her.

I forced the twins into the car, giving them no other option than to come with me.

The angel sleeps soundly in the passenger seat, not bothered by my speeding or our talking. The rest of the car ride is spent in silence.

~

"Wake up, princess," Leo softly whispers to Elvi. She sits on his lap, me sitting next to him.

Luckily, she slept the entire time it took to drive here.

She whines, slowly opening her eyes and snuggling into Leo, most likely thinking it's me. When she instead sees Leo, her eyes widen and she snaps her head away from his chest.

"Wh-what?" She questions.

"We're back home, love," I say, her head snapping towards me.

"How?"

"I drove. You slept the whole time," I inform.

"Oh." She turns back to Leo, a big smile now on her face. "I m-missed you." She wraps her arms around his neck, giving him a hug while he smiles at her words.

"I missed you too," he replies, giving her head a kiss. "Let's go see father."

He stands up, Elvi wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms still around his neck. She looks down at me, tilting her head. "Are y-you not coming?"

I stand up, shaking my head. "No, baby. I'll give you guys some alone time and hang out with the twins."

"O-okay," she mutters, frowning slightly. I give her a forehead kiss and a smile before walking away.

"Gross," Leo says after Alek walks away

"Gross," Leo says after Alek walks away. I glare at him, making him laugh.

He carries me to father's office, sitting me down on my feet and opening the door. I skip into the room, smiling at my father when I see him sit at his desk.

My smile falters when I see his face. Dark circles sit under his eyes, a blank look on his face but tears glisten in his eyes. He wears a white dress shirt, the sleeves rolled up and the first few buttons left open.

I've never seen him like this.

I look back at the door, wanting to ask Leo what's wrong but the door is closed and he's gone. I look back at father, frowning.

"F-father," I softly speak out, his head slowly raising to look at me. "What's wrong?"

He smiles sadly, scooting his chair back and opening his arms. "Come here, sweetheart."