27: 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘥𝘪𝘦 ★

I did not just do that

What the fuck was I thinking?

He's my father. 

He deserved it. 

You did the right thing. 

He wasn't your father, just someone who used that title. 

My thoughts begin to overwhelm me, my head aching and the lights seem way too bright. 

I hear Elvi's soft voice but I can't hear what she's saying. 

Where is she? I need her. 

I feel my body being sat in a car, soft hands on both of my cheeks. "I-it's okay, darling. Just b-breathe, p-please," she says. 

My vision blurs with tears. You're so weak. Elvi is gonna think you're weak. 

"I-I killed him," I whisper. 

"I kn-know, love. It's o-okay," she whispers back, wiping my fallen tears away with her thumb. 

I look at her, making sure she's not lying to me and she genuinely thinks that. "You promise?" I ask, sticking out my pinky. 

She smiles at me; a sad smile but a smile nonetheless. "I promise." She connects our pinkies and gives me a nose kiss before climbing out of the car and looking around. 

"You're actually not that bad shortcake," I hear Lennox say. I climb out of the car too, seeing a bright smile elate Elvi's face at his words. "No, no. Don't start squealing or crying and getting all sappy. None of that shit."

Elvi frowns at his words and crosses her arms with a hmph. "Fine," she says before turning towards me. "C-can we go to the h-hotel now? I'm t-tired." 

"Of course, baby. Come on." I reach my hand out for hers, which she takes and intertwines our fingers together, skipping back to the car. 

~

I sit at the desk in our hotel room, reading through the emails Elvi's dad has sent me about my mom. The early morning sunlight is kept out by black-out curtains, the only light coming from my computer screen. 

Elvi snores softly from the bed, wrapped up in multiple blankets with her thumb in her mouth. I have a perfect view of her from where the desk is. Her long hair covers most of her face, the other pieces lay on the pillow in a wavy mess. 

She begins to stir, kicking the blankets off and her eyes opening slowly. A confused look takes over her face, her eyes squinting cutely. 

A little yawn escapes her mouth and she realizes she had her thumb in it. She makes a face of disgust, wiping it on the sheet. 

Throwing the blankets off her, she sits up showing her adorable kitten pajamas. After rubbing her eyes she looks around. When she sees me sitting at the desk, a smirk on my face and legs spread, her eyes widen and she breaks eye contact.