Chapter Four: Welcome to Down Town Manipulation

[Welcome to Down Town Manipulation! It's free! This title has almost nothing to do with this chapter- only possible foreshadowing?]

Grian ran, he ran up to a tree with vines and climbed, the higher he go, the more likely chance of getting away.

He heard an arrow thunk into the tree- and Tommy shrieked. He got to a high enough branch and saw Phil and Technoblade lurking at the bottom.

"Come down!" Phil yelled up, "Don't make this any more difficult than it has to be."

Grian just stared, he didn't want to talk nor get into a fight. "Tommy?" He asked trying to grab the teens attention.

Tommy made a sad chirping noise, and Grian bit his tongue to keep from responding with a chirp himself. Dear god why was this kid so easy to get attached to, he continue to climb and tell Tommy of his escape plan.

"Listen carefully; I'm going to end up gliding back home, that's why were so high up. I'm going to need you to remain calm and try not to move too much." He said reaching for another branch.

Tommy lifted his head, "Okay..." he relaxed a bit more as Grian came to a stop on the jungle tree. He didn't look down, which was a plus.

Another call from Phil sent a shiver running down his spine, "C'mon mate, please just bring him down."

Grian huffed, "Look Phil, you seem like a really nice fella an' all, but I'm more concerned for what Tommy needs. And what he needs is time; time to heal from the damage that other people may have caused."

There was a chilling monotone voice that came after, "I can very easily come and get you Tommy, if you want." Completely ignoring Grian- the one who's actually capable of speaking to him without having a mental breakdown. "You don't have to go with this mystery man."

That brought a laugh out of Tommy, a harsh, cold and dry laugh- devoid of actual emotion. "You make me sick Technoblade." He said quietly, turning his dull blue eyes to Grian.

Grian leapt off the branch, he heard a screech from Phil- did he really think I was climbing up here for nothing? The wind that rushed around him when his wings spread wide felt lovely, he grinned and Tommy snickered at his gawking brother.

"What the hell Tommy!" Techno bellowed, it was silently agreed upon if Techno could fly Grian would be definitely dead. 

He felt bad- for Phil's wing. Grian could imagine the glistening feathers, he wonders where Phil got the injury. The feather looked burnt, maybe a fire of some kind; however, there were other scenarios that could of been the cause.

It was bad enough that Grian was being followed, he lost Philza and Technoblade around ten minutes in of flying in the wrong direction. The veered to the left and it took about five more minutes to reach the hobbit hole.

The teen was shaking in his arms when he set him down on the couch, Tommy didn't let go of the totem nor Grian. It took a little bit to convince him to put the precious statue in his inventory, he made an odd chirping noise every once in a while as he started to calm down.

Grian was starting to think about why he had felt to attached to Tommy, maybe it was because his father was an Avian- Tommy must of inherited part of that- just enough that his own instincts would draw another Avian close by to help him. God had exile been that bad? Grian thought sadly. He didn't know Tommy's age, but he had to be a teenager at least.

He wouldn't be surprised if the third son- the dead one- had wings. If Tommy and Techno didn't have them, then the third son of Phil most likely had wings. Which Techno definitely doesn't, Tommy he isn't sure about; his wings had a few more years until it could be very much so confirmed he did not inherit Phil's wings.

But that is only if all of them are biologically related to Philza- which he'd highly doubt a Piglin would be related to him by blood.

It was also noted that living with an Avian family- or another Avian could help the wings come in faster. Meaning if Tommy theoretically had wings, just being around Grian long enough would help his wings grow in. Plus it also depended on how safe Tommy felt, growing wings would leave him defenseless if he was attacked.

Grian didn't know when his wings came in, probably too young to remember. Tommy must of drifted off into a doze as he thought, the teen stirred in his sleep- letting out a soft coo as he curled up.

They made it out alive, and that's what mattered.

Grian thought over what had just happened, if Phil was really his father, why- just why did he leave his son in exile? What's wrong with the people on this server, he wants to go home- back to Hermitcraft; and he wants to bring Tommy with him.

Grian paused, going stiff when he read three new messages on his communicator that had dinged just a few seconds ago.

/////

The three hermits stood in front of a swirling blue portal.

"Are- are portals normally..." Iskall trailed off as he stood, appalled at the weird thing Grian built.

"We need to get Xisuma." Scar said, "This is a glitch in the code, and he needs to find a way to fix it."

MumboJumbo was studying it for a moment, before pulling out his communicator. "You see, Grian went through it. That should explain the message and some of his stuff on the ground; where he went didn't allow things from the End." Mumbo said wryly

Shooting a message to the admin, he made up his mind.

<MumboJumbo> You know Grian's portal? It's lit, and it's not purple

<XisumaVoid> On my way

<MumboJumbo> The color is blue

<MumboJumbo> One more thing, I'm going through it. Scar and Iskall may join me, do not follow. You are needed here

<XisumaVoid> Okay. Be careful, and note that if you find Grian- please come back asap. This server wont be the same if some of it's members are missing.

<XisumaVoid> It's hard to cover up that you went into a different dimension

<MumboJumbo> Thanks. And dismantle the portal so we don't have to search for more people

<XisumaVoid> Got it

Mumbo looked up, Iskall and Scar were looking at him. "You're not going to go through that alone. I'm going." Iskall said.

"Me too." Scar said with a shrug.

The three shoved some things into a chest and held hands as they jumped into the portal.

/////

<MumboJumbo joined the game>

<iskall85 joined the game>

<GoodTimesWithScar joined the game>

The creeper hybrid looked at his communicator, how odd. Why are three new people all logging on now?

Sam put the small device away and continued to build a prison.

/////

After seeing the messages he bolted towards spawn, how did Iskall manage to get back? His fur started to stick to his body as rain slowly poured down onto him. He didn't stop, in fact Fundy was in such a hurry he forgot to pull out his trident.

This was not good.

/////

Dream was sick of these pests breaking into his server, first Tommy's gone, second he has to deal with four mysterious people- once they're tracked down.

He sighed, pulling out an object.

A book and quill.

He read the cover, oh how he would do wonders with this thing and the secrets that lay inside.

/////

[Okay! Here's a note for y'all, summer school will be picking up in a few days for me, so long story short I will not be able to write as frequently. But alas here's another chapter for you to read and another for me to write, I hope you enjoyed this one. See you next time! Bye! <3]