Chapter Eleven: Birds of a Feather

[A/N: Ohhh boy, here we go. Also side note, I am no medical professional, if you ever get a serious injury seek medical attention, don't rely off of fanfictions/ some of the internet in general.
Take whatever I write (on medical stuff) with a grain of salt, it's just fantasy medicine stuff.
Anyways, enjoy this chapter my friends! Remember to stay hydrated and drink water! <3]

The soreness didn't go away while he was reading, so Tommy decided to bug Grian.

"Grian."

"Grian."

"Grreeeeaaaaannnn."

"Graaaaiinnn."

Grian turned his head towards h̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶s̶t̶l̶i̶n̶g̶  Tommy, "Hm?" He hummed sleepily.

"I'm soreeeee." Tommy winced as he rolled onto his back, giving his friend puppy eyes.

"There's nothing I can really do for that, I might have something to help with it though." The winged man yawned, stretching as he woke up from his nap. His gorgeous white feathers littered the couch, probably from molting or whatever birds do.

He stood up and started walking over to the medical cabinet, Grian rummaged around for some ibuprofen or children's pain killers. After reading the instructions, he poured 15ml of the stuff, though Grian wasn't sure if Tommy's weight would match up with the age suggestion (for the appropriate amount).

Tommy followed, wincing as he stretched, his back ached a little - he must be getting old. Grian offered the small cup and Tommy downed it, only to give the medicine the stink eye.

"That tasted like shit." He snapped, placing the cup on the island. Tommy sat down on one of the spruce stools around said island.

Grian hid his laughter terribly, "It's medicine, it's not always meant to taste good."

His friend grumbled something along the lines of 'fuck you man' when he walked over to the couch and flopped onto his stomach. Grian started to cook dinner when the rain started to pour down with a, pitter patter.

It seemed like a nice afternoon, there was the occasional sizzle from the oven while Grian made some delicious mac 'n cheese. Tommy started to grab blankets and pillows, he wanted to make a fort so that they could hang out all night.

He started by dragging the pillows onto the carpet and shoving the coffee table to the side, he somewhat arranged them, it wasn't pretty but it looked comfy.

After the pillows came the mass of blankets. He put them all over, over the pillows, around the edges, a mound smack dab in the middle... The list goes on.

Though the fort was starting to look like a pile of super soft stuff that went past his knees, he just dived into the center, a satisfied trill on the tip of his tongue - curse Phil and his bird brain weirdness.

It was like he was on a cloud, Tommy hummed in satisfaction with his creation. His eyes started to droop, why was he tired...?

His thoughts started to slow down and his words were probably sluggish sounding. It wasn't long before he heard a chirp from Grian.

"You okay there? The medicine shouldn't of made you sleepy..." Grian mumbled the last bit out loud.

It took a hot second for Tommy to process that, "...'m just tired..." He then proceeded to roll onto his stomach and pass out.

Grian fidgeted with his hands for a moment, not sure what to do. He could continue to cook, but he wanted to keep an eye on Tommy. If it really was the logs he would feel more relaxed, but something put him off about it.