Chapter Eight: The Father I Used to Be

[A/N: I'm writing little descriptions on how the chapter(s) will roll out, so I have a plan >:)]
!! TW: Brief mentions of su*cide !! (Also we're going back a few hours to the point where Grian is running from the emerald duo)

Phil let out a shriek of surprise as the man in the red sweater leapt off the highest branch with his son in his arms. They attempted to chase after them, but they were no match for Grian's gift of flight.

He could fly with his wings at one point, but when Wilbur blew L'manburg to smithereens it had burned his flight feathers on one wing. One could say he's crippled, flightless even; but within time, maybe a few years from now, he could potentially fly again.

Maybe not take off and fly, but he could glide, he could soar through the brilliant blue skies of the tundra with no worries of being shot down. He could have Tommy back under his wing again, Techno could crack a smile as Ghostbur made an attempt at making a snowman.

There could be snowball fights, there could be so much potential in the future... Phil didn't realize his eyes began to water from 'pollen allergies' until Techno shook his shoulders, snapping him back to reality.

"Phil?" Techno questioned, his monotone voice eerily light.

"Yeah mate?" He whispered.

"You were starting to drift there as I started to talk to you..." He replied. "We should head back, you look like you need some coffee or tea or whatever you like to drink."

Phil nodded, he pulled his wings closer to his body. His bucket hat was on the ground next to him, he leaned over to pick it up.

"If you keep bending over like that you're gonna break your back old man." Techno said jokingly, for once trying to lighten the mood.

He chuckled a bit along with his eldest, the trek back would slightly longer than he would of wanted. There was an uncomfortable silence that hung in the air, Phil let his thoughts wander.

Drifting away in his thoughts, he returned to his fantasies that he often daydreamed about. Techno and Phil started to walk back to the tundra, "We should go back and look for Tommy and Grian." Phil stated.

Techno eyed him with a blank expression, "Nope, not today or tomorrow. Not for the rest of the week."

Phil knew Techno would do the exact opposite of what he just stated, as soon as he thought his dear father was asleep he would waltz out the door and start to look around for his brother.

"You know, that Grian kid looked a lot like you." Techno spoke up, trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah... he did." Phil said.

"Diiiid you have any brothers?" Techno asked, extending the 'i' in the word 'did' for a lot longer than needed.

He processed that, he didn't have much family left alive. He had a sister and she looked nothing like him back then. Plus she was dead, crushed by a falling branch while racing their mother.

It was an unfortunate event, with his sister being only five and Phil being around eleven to twelve years old at the time. However he moved on long ago, "I had a sister, but she's been gone for a long time."

Technoblade hummed, the jungle was eerily quiet as dusk started to approach. Phil didn't realize they made it to the edge of the jungle, the tundra was barely visible along the horizon.

He blinked, hesitating for a moment. Phil opened his wings a little bit to let the cool breeze flow through the feathers, that got him thinking on flying again. The soft crunch of snow in front of him reminded Philza of where he was going.