Chapter 10: Kyle is Mad

Quick note: I use 'it' for all Watchers besides Kyle and 'he/it' for Kyle.
Warning: Language (S***head)

Grian quickly lost track of time inside his cage. But then again, the Watchers had magic, so maybe they could mess with time and it didn't matter. Either way, Grian had no idea how long had passed when another Watcher came into the room.

"Master?" it inquired.

"What is it?" Kyle asked irritably.

"One of the controlled players has been captured by the players who are still not under our control," it informed him.

Grian cocked his head in curiosity. Captured? What on earth were they doing?

"A minor inconvenience, but not a huge loss," Kyle said dismissively. "Thank you for informing me."

"Of course, sir," the smaller figure replied as it left.

Once it was gone, Kyle slammed his fists on the table in frustration, startling Grian and some of the other animals. Grian gave a surprised chirp and several of the other birds did, too.

"Oh, I'm sorry, birdies," Kyle said gently. "I didn't mean to scare you."

Grian was shocked that Kyle could be so gentle with animals.

"But those stupid hermits are so annoying! Why can they never give up?" Kyle seethed.

Well, if there was one thing the hermits were, it was stubborn, so yeah, they would definitely never give up.

"And now they've gone and captured one of the ones that was under my spell! Annoying, is what it is," Kyle continued. He sighed. 

So the hermits were fighting back. Maybe they could rescue him?

Then, the smaller Watcher came back in, dragging a human-sized figure behind it.

It was Cleo.

"Hello, shithead," Cleo said, looking determinedly up at Kyle.

"Oh, hello," Kyle said with intrigue.

"I'm not giving in to you," she told him.

"You are feisty, aren't you?" Kyle said cheerily.

"Yes, yes I am," Cleo told him. "Actually, I might make a deal with you."

Yeah... that wasn't going to end well. Grian gave her an agitated trill.

"You've got the bird there riled up," Kyle said, as if Grian was an excited dog. Maybe that was all Kyle saw him as. Maybe that's all he was now.

"He. Is. Not. A. Bird," Cleo growled furiously.

"Oh, but he is," Kyle told her smugly. "And he's my bird." 

"You release him and I'll let you do what you want," Cleo told Kyle.

"Oh, how cute. But unfortunately for you, you have no leverage here," Kyle smiled cruelly. 

Cleo's eyes widened and she realized too late what was happening as Kyle raised his hands up and clasped them together.

Cleo writhed on the floor and Grian called out, his voice coming out as a scared warble. Kyle ignored him. Several moments later, Cleo stopped writhing and stood up.

She turned to face Grian and he saw her eyes.

They were purple.

Grian gave a sad, defeated chirp and hung his head as tears spilled onto his cheeks.

Cleo turned away from him again.

"Ah, see? You're just my puppet now," Kyle said. "Now you see."

Cleo exited the room and Kyle smiled. "That was just what I needed. Those stupid hermits may be determined, but I am powerful, and they will break easily."

Grian didn't bother mentally correcting Kyle. Kyle was probably right, if he could control Cleo that easily. And there was certainly no hope for him, trapped in this cage.

At least he would be kept safe and unhurt here, as Kyle's pet.

Short chapter, ik, sry to get your hopes up. I just couldn't find it in me to write a lot of filler for this.