Chapter 15: Mad Kyle = Bad Kyle

Grian was sleeping when Kyle entered the room loudly.

The Watcher stormed in and growled, too low for Grian to make out the words.

Then he raised his voice.

"Stupid, annoying, stubborn, won't give up- why do they have magic- annoying-" Kyle was complaining.

Kyle paced around, then turned to Grian.

"What do you know about them? Can you tell me what to do?" Kyle yelled at him.

Grian let out a series of startled and terrified chirps.

"Right," Kyle rolled his eyes and clasped his fingers together, then opened them. Grian felt a pressure in his throat that quickly dispersed outwards.

"Chirp?" Grian cautiously said.

It came out as the word.

Kyle actually cheered up at this. "You've embraced it! Good! At least there's one of them that's obedient."

Grian nodded sadly in agreement.

"Alright," Kyle began, much gentler. "What can you tell me about the hermits; magic?"

"They have magic?" Grian asked, his voice scratchy.

"So you don't know. Interesting," Kyle commented. "Okay, what can you tell me about your friends?"

"Why would I tell you?" Grian tried to say defiantly. Unfortunately, his voice was weak and Grian was starved and weak.

"Really?" Kyle sighed. "And here I thought we were getting somewhere."

Kyle shook his head. "In a way, that's exactly the right response. It proves how stupid, stubborn, and loyal they are."

Grian hated being called stupid, but he didn't bother protesting.

"Still, there's a lesson to teach you," Kyle continued. Grian could hear the smug smirk creep into his voice.

"What if I'm good? What if I don't do it again?" Grian tried to ask.

"That doesn't matter. You did it now, so you get punished," Kyle told him.

Kyle didn't move this time, but Grian felt immense pressure take over his body. His wings and arms molded together, and other changes happened all over.

When the pressure stopped, Grian was shaking. He glanced around and everything seemed bigger. Confused, he glanced down at himself... and saw talons. And feathers.

Kyle had turned him into an actual bird.

Kyle then grabbed him roughly around the wings and he squawked in protest as his wings were crushed. Kyle ignored him and dropped him onto the table, where Grian realized that his wings weren't broken.

"Time for a real attack," Kyle told him. "And you... you will be their downfall."

I know this is short, but I'm working on the next chapter right after this and also I needed this for setup.