8. The Road

"My feet hurt, Danny, could you carry me?" Paulina said with puppy eyes as Sam growled at her.

"Slow down Danny." Valerie panted.

"Yeah Fenton, we've been walking for 2 hours, I am exhausted." Dash said.

"For a Football player, I thought you'd be more athletic." Danny said.

"We're all tired, how are you even still walking straight?" Tucker said.

Danny looked behind him to see everyone panting and barely standing up.

"Okay, we can take a quick break, but not too far from here is someone I know, he can give us shelter for a while." Danny said.

This brought a smile to everyone, everyone except Maddie. She was still conflicted. 'This isn't really Danny, he and his friends must be being overshadowed.'

They sat to rest at a small island. However, that island happened to be directly under a floating school that nobody saw. But one particular ghost in that school saw them.

As the group was sitting, everyone heard a worried voice.

"King Ph-" Danny quickly gave a dead stare to the nerdy ghost, yet again making them rephrase,"-enton."

"What is it with ghosts calling you lord and king!?!?" Dash screamed in confusion and jealousy.

"Well that is because -" Pointdexter started before Danny yet again gave him a deadly stare.

"Because what?" Star said.

"Give me a second guys, Sidney, take me up to the school." Danny said in a angered tone.

"Are you sure my k-" Pointdexter started.

"NOW!" Danny shouted quick and short. "Wait, Danny!" Sam shouted. Danny looked to Sam, "I'll be back soon." He looked to Pointdexter and nodded.

Sidney, in a scared manner, grabbed Danny and flew up to the old Casper high.

"WHAT DOES HE THINK HE'S DOING!!!" Maddie screamed. "Honestly, even I don't know." Ember said.

Everyone waited, it's all they could do. Ember could've flown up, but she knew he didn't want that.

MEANWHILE UP IN THE SCHOOL

"Hey, the halfa!"

"Hey Dan boy."

"Hey hotshot, how's it hangin'."

"Sup king, who's gonna be the lucky queen."

"Oh shut up man, you know who it is."

"Hey guys, how's it going?" Danny said to all the ghosts.

Danny was on good terms with many of these ghosts, none of them had any problems with him before, so had no reason to hate him.

"Can I quickly have everyone's attention?" Danny asked politely. After everyone was listening, he made an announcement.

"When I am around other living humans, please do not refer to me as King, Lord, or any of that. Also, please don't refer to me as Phantom, they still don't know my secret. Just call me Danny." He said.

After all the ghosts agreed, he said his goodbyes and had Pointdexter take him back down. "Stay safe Sidney." Danny said.

"You too Danny, say hi to the family for me." Pointdexter said, flying away.

As Danny returned down, everyone asked what he talked about. "Oh, nothing much."

"Nothing much, then why didn't you just talk to him here?" Dash said.