11. A Recognized Death

Mention of sexual content.

_________________

As Danny and Sam woke up, Sam was overjoyed.

'I finally got to make love to Danny, I made it, I, can finally be with him forever.'

Sam looked over to Danny expecting a similar expression to be on his face.

Instead, he had one of sadness. 'Did I do something wrong?' Sam thought to herself.

Danny turned to Sam, seeing her awake and his expression immediately turned to one of happiness.

"Good morning Sam." He said.

"Umm, why are you sad Danny?" Sam said. "Did I do something wrong?" She asked now worried.

"Oh, no, just, I know something bad is going to happen, and, I-" Danny started to cry, which made Sam really worried. Danny rarely cried, unless it was something bad.

"I don't want to change what you have, what others have, I don't want to be the reason you are all sad." Danny said as he got out of the bed.

"Danny, nothing bad will happen to us, you will deal with it, I'm sure of it." Sam said, cheering Danny up.

They quickly got dressed and left for the ceremony location.

Soon everyone woke up. As everyone gathered and ate breakfast, Star asked, "Hey, where's Danny and Sam?"

"Well, they went to congratulate the Phantom's on their new royalty." Pandora stated.

"WHAT?" the students said.

"Oh yes, I didn't tell you all. Today, Danny Phantom will be crowned the King of the ghost zone, Sam Phantom as his Queen." Pandora stated, trying to hide her happiness.

"So, Phantom is the King now?" Dash excitedly asked.

"That is what I just said." Pandora annoying responded.

"Okay everyone, eat up, we will be going to the ceremony soon." Pandora said.

Maddie and Jack secretly went to the door to each grab an additional weapon, and the entire class went to the ceremony.

As the class arrived at the ceremonial site, they were amazed by the sheer number of ghosts that were there.

Many of them looked pleased at the what was going to happen, but a fair amount did not looked so pleased.

As the ceremony got closer and closer, Kwan asked, "So, shouldn't Danny and Sam been back by now?"

Pandora had a quick thought of what to say, "They must've been given special seats for being so close to the Phantoms." Pandora hoped they would buy the lie.

"I guess that makes sense, they're so lucky." Dash jealously said. The class believed it, well, almost everyone did.

Maddie and Jack Fenton were not so sure.

The ceremony began, and Danny and Sam Phantom walked into view. They waved to the large crowd in front of them, as Danny felt the bad thing drawing nearer.

He and Sam were crowned King and Queen, they gave their pledges to protect the ghost zone and to do what was right, and as the final show of royalty, Danny had the Crown of fire placed on his head, and the Ring of Rage on his finger.

He is truly powerful all the ghosts realized when he barely reacted to being given the two most powerful objects. Usually when both are obtained, the wearer cry out at the overload of pure power, but Danny only felt a sting.

He was only enhanced.

The ceremony ended, and Danny and Sam quickly said their thank yous and goodbyes.

They got out of view, transformed back into humans and rejoined the group at the back without anyone noticing.

'Everything went well, maybe Danny was worried for nothing?' Sam thought. She knew she would be wrong though, Danny's senses were very rarely incorrect. She look over to Danny and her suspicions were confirmed, he was still sad.

'It is so close, it feels terrible.' Danny thought.

They soon arrived back at the castle, Danny felt the event was seconds away. He knew he couldn't do anything, he knew it would happen.

Everything is as it should be....

The class walked in, and suddenly, as the group started to go in different directions, a gun was heard.

Everyone looked to see the shooter. Maddie and Jack Fenton. Danny got mad, they were shooting again. Then he panicked, he looked to see who was shot.

Sam was laying on the floor, bleeding, both red, and green, blood. Everyone gasped. "Sam was, a ghost?"

"I KNEW IT!" Maddie screamed.

________________

Last night, after the party.

Maddie and Jack went to their room, and as soon as they were inside, they closed the door and got close to whisper.

"Jack, I think that might actually be Danny." Maddie said.

"Wait, you think tha-" Jack protested.

"But I don't think he is himself. Let's look at the facts. Danny has protected ghosts, called them siblings, been tortured by a ghost warden for leading a prison break. He has also been saved by ghosts." Maddie started the list.

"So he has protected and been protected by evil ghosts, and that would mean they want to protect each other, like they work together... also, what happened at the prison... when Sam was about to be.... well, you know, the lights went out, and our boy, who had been warning that Walker, suddenly is free and Walker is beat up by something that says, I warned you." Maddie said.

"And last but not least, when I shot at that Ember ghost, Danny protected her, but was also harmed. If the weapon only harms ghosts, then has Danny been overshadowed by that Sam?" Maddie asked Jack, knowing full well that Jack would just agree.

"I mean, it makes sense, that girl is suspicious... I know, why don't we shoot her." Jack said.

"Yeah, we can prove that Sam is just a ghost, I mean, why else would she dress like that. And if she somehow isn't, we just say we got mistaken." Maddie said with a smile.

"But, when do we do it?" Jack asked.

"Hmmm, I am not sure, but when I find out the right time, we get our weapons and prepare."

The next morning after hearing about what was going to happen with the ceremony, and how Sam and Danny weren't with everyone, Maddie signaled Jack. "When we get back from the ceremony, we shoot the girl." Maddie whispered to Jack. They went and got their weapons, ready to 'save' Danny from the clutches of that evil Sam.
_____________

"SHE IS A GHOST! Finally, Danny, you are free from he-" Maddie started to say, before seeing Danny start to shake.

"Da-Danny, it's okay now, you are fr-" Maddie said.

"You IDIOT!!!"