20.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Did we get 'em all?" Bruce asked and I laughed a little, holding the eye against my chest.

"Are you telling me this actually worked?" Rhodey laughed, before Clint fell to his knees.

"Clint, where's Nat?" Bruce asked and from the heartbroken face on Clint's face, I knew she was gone. Bruce hit the ground and I shook my head, walking away.

"I need to see Dee." I mumbled as I walked away, creating a portal back to the sanctum.

"Mommy!" The girl shrieked as she ran up to me.
"Mommy, I missed you!" I picked her up and hugged her.

"I missed you too, baby." I muttered, seeing Wong look at me.
"I'm going to take you to get some dinner before I leave again. Go and get ready." I put her on the ground and she ran off as my friend approached.
I had told Wong about the time heist and although he didn't agree with it, he didn't argue either.

"Is that...?" He lightly traced his fingers over the eye, before looking at me.
"You did it?"

"We got all six stones, but we lost Nat." I sighed and he frowned.
"I saw him, Wong. We went to 2012 and I had to see him. I went to the hospital..." I put my hand against my head.
"And I saw my mother. She's the one who gave me the stone."

"You have lost a lot over the past few years and maybe now we can begin to correct it." Wong smiled at me and I nodded.

~

"Look who decided to show up." Rocket mumbled as I walked into the room. The first five stones were already in place and Tony looked at me, before I sighed.
I closed my eyes, before opening the eye of Agamotto and removing the stone, moving towards the glove.

"Careful." Bruce warned as I placed the stone into place. Rocket and Tony took a few moments to look it over, before they nodded.

"Alright, the glove's ready. Question is, who is gonna snap their frickin' fingers?" Rocket asked and Thor stepped forward.

"I'll do it." He volunteered.

"Excuse me?" Tony looked at him as Thor reached for the glove.
"Stop. Stop. Slow down."

"Thor, just wait. We haven't decided who is gonna put that thing on, yet." Steve sighed.

"Oh, I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor asked sarcastically.

"We should at least discuss it." Scott chirped up.

"Look, sitting here staring at the thing is not going to bring everybody back." Thor looked at us.
"I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me." Tony, Thor and Steve began to bicker and I looked at Bruce, seeing he was deep in thought.

"It's gotta be me." Bruce spoke suddenly.
"You saw what those stones did to Thanos. They almost killed him. None of you could survive."

"How do we know you will?" I asked carefully, looking at Bruce.

"We don't." Bruce looked at me for a moment.
"But the radiation is mostly gamma. It's like... I was made for this." Bruce picked up the glove and no one argued with him.

"Good to go?" Tony asked and Bruce hesitantly nodded his head.
"Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away 5 years ago, you're just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last 5 years."

"Got it." Bruce nodded, looking at the glove. Everybody got ready, suiting up and the Cloak of Elevation lifted me a couple of feet off of the ground, pulling my hood up. I raised my hands, creating a bubble around Bruce and he nodded to me.

"FRIDAY, do me a favour and activate Barn Door protocol, will ya?" Tony asked and the doors shut suddenly as the shutters came down on the windows. The whole building went into lockdown and I could feel my heart racing.

"Everybody comes home." Bruce mumbled, putting the glove on. He fell suddenly as the stones sparked to life and he groaned.

"Take it off! Take it off!" Thor shouted.

"No, wait." Steve insisted.
"Bruce, are you okay?"

"Talk to me, Banner." Tony chipped in.

"I'm okay." Bruce breathed and I let out a shaky sigh, Thor putting his thumbs up.
"I'm okay." Bruce screamed in pain as he brought his arm up, the glove still crackling with electricity, before he snapped his fingers. He fell unconscious almost instantly and I dropped the shield around him.

"Bruce!"

"Don't move him!" I kicked the gauntlet back a little away from the group, kneeling next to the scientist.

"Easy, big guy." I mumbled as Tony sprayed him with something I presumed would help. Bruce panted in pain, grabbing onto Steve's arm.

"Did it work?" He asked hopefully and I exchanged a look with Tony.

"We're not sure yet, it's okay." Thor spoke softly and Tony nodded to me. Backing away, I moved to create a portal. However, instead of focusing on a place, I focused on a person.
On Stephen.
I had tried a hundred times before and it never worked, but much to my delight, a portal did open and I wasted no time running through it.
I was in a grassy field and there were people, soldiers, running around everywhere.

"Did you miss me?" A familiar voice asked and I spun around, facing Stephen and looking at him in shock. I didn't even know what to say. I took a hesitant step forward, before his lips curled up into a small smile and I practically threw myself into his arms.

"You idiot! I hate you so much! You left me all alone!" I held onto him tightly, tears streaming down my face.
"You left both of us alone!"

"I know and I can only hope you'll forgive me, but this isn't over. Thanos is coming." I looked at him in confusion, stepping back.

"Thanos is dead." I shook my head and his hands cupped my cheeks.

"There's going to be a fight. A big one. A lot of good people are going to get hurt, but just promise me you'll stay close to me?" I put my hands over his, smiling despite the tears.

"I just got you back, you think I'm letting you out of my sight?"