Chapter 23

Song: Love me Tender (Elvis Presley)

RORY'S POV

"Rory I'm not gonna say it again. You. Can't. Come."

"Bull. Shit."

We were currently walking through the forest to the meet up spot for the Vampires and Wolves. After all, A red head vampire wanted Bella dead and was bringing an Army with her. But Paul was being bitchy and not letting me come.

Big mistake.

"If you don't bring me.... I'll try to find it on my own." That made him stop.

"I don't want you fighting vampires but I'm just fine with you going to this, and if it's a lesson I want to be there. I want to know this stuff." I started. "But, if you don't want to take me that's fine too. I'll just find it myself and hope not to get lost in the deep uncharted Forest with thousands of wild animals and Apparently a vampire or two, hundreds of dangerous rocky areas and pointy sticks-"

"FINE. Fine you can come." He shut me up angrily. "Use the dirt bike to follow me." He finished by shifting, clearly still annoyed.

Pulling out the bike I put on a helmet and hopped on the seat. "Whenever your ready!" I yelled as the engine revved to life.

Paul took off into the woods and with a grin on my face, I followed in tow.

We swerved off track pretty early into one of the trails as we headed up hill, me on the dirt bike and him in his wolf form until finally we reached a clearing where we spotted everyone in human form looking like they were ready to have a face off. Paul went behind a tree and came out in a pair of cutoffs and I followed close behind turning into a stop potion on the bike.

"PAUL! What did I say about the imprints. They. Stay. Behind."

"You really think I can stop that psycho? If I didn't lead her she would've tried finding this place herself."

"Thats not an excuse, This isn't a meeting for Damsels." A girl behind him spoke up. As she revealed herself, I instantly recognized her as the girl I had sparred with a couple nights ago. Granted it made sense she didn't recognize me with the giant helmet covering my whole face.

"Leah, she is far from a damsel and to be fair I think it'll be useful to have her here. She might know something we don't about them. Hell she was able to cut off that black Vampires hand." Embry's voice came up behind me, with a supporting hand on my shoulder.

"That girl was able to cut Laurent's hand off?!" Emmett exasperated in shock making me scoff as everyone's attention drew to me.

"Jeez, don't act so surprised." I said blatantly as I took off my helmet.

"Oh. That makes more sense." Emmett corrected as Leah's jaw dropped.

"You're an Imprint?!" She looked at me me shocked.

"Yep, I've been glued to Magic Mike over here for a while now." I pointed at a snarling Paul. "However I can't say I'm surprised about you being a wolf."

"I-" she started as everyone else looked at me expectantly. I ignored them as I made my way over to Jasper, extending my hand.

"I hope you don't mind me sitting in on the lesson, I'd love to journal some older combat tactics for my training."

With a smirk he shook my extended hand. "It would be my pleasure to have a professional on the field, Ms. Rebel."

***

"'so you're a, um... a damsel?"

"'Leah, it's really not that big of a deal."

"'But it is, you're friends with the imprints and... I'm a shifter which basically means We can't hang out cause Paul will get defensive."

I looked at Leah and rolled my eyes before pulling her down to my side. Paul was up for a lesson with Jasper so he was too focused to complain anyway. "Listen, one thing you should know about me is that I don't let others run my life. I spent my entire childhood like that and now, I just want some freedom which Paul knows."

"If you don't mind me asking, what was your childhood like?" Leah seemed pretty interested in me but hesitant to ask which I understood. Paul had most likely told her about me and Seth had told me about Leah every time we had met up. So it wasn't like we were strangers to each others struggles

I ended up telling her everything about the marriage and much to my own surprise, by the end Rosalie and Alice were also seated next to me, telling their own stories. Rosalie's tragic romance specifically made my anger bubble as I thought of how stupid someone had to be to turn down a woman as drop dead gorgeous as she.

No pun intended.

"I understand your situation but when someone looks at you the way Paul does. I have a feeling that an unwanted wedding won't get in the way." Rosalie spoke up knowingly which made me blush hard. Alice only smiled knowingly and Leah couldn't help but tease me.

"So wait, how did you and him meet anyway?" Leah questioned once I had looked up.

"Oh, that? Here look." I pulled up my sleeve revealing the fresh scars adorning my forearm making Leah and Alice gasp. "hehe, I guess you could say playing chicken with a wolf wasn't my brightest plan." The girls just continued looking back and forth between myself and my arm. "But, I guess the real beginning of it all was when I asked out Emily."

Leah practically choked on her own spit at that but before she could speak. I felt myself get lifted off the ground with familiar arms and in seconds me and Paul were in a full on playful wrestling match as the girls broke into a fit of laughter with everyone else in tow.

After proving my own worth against Paul, I got to show the group a few of my moves for using peoples weight against them and by the end of the day, me and Jasper had become the ultimate team of trainers. We started training the group together, all the way up to the day when it began.

The army of vampires were coming.