Chapter 29

Song: Carolina In the Morning (Craig Douglas)

RORY'S POV

"Sam, you cannot ask me to choose between your pack and my blood. That's not fair."

"She's a danger to everyone and so is that thing! Rory, please understand."

"That THING is my family. How would you feel if I had asked you to go and kill Leah? You wouldn't. So why do you expect any different from me?"

The pack looked at me conflicted while I simply sighed frustrated. Bella had come home from her honeymoon pregnant. And no one knew how. But one thing I was sure of was that the pack wanted it dead and that would include killing my cousin.

Something I wasn't 100% against.

With a heavy sigh, I looked at the group. "I'll stay out of your way no matter what your decision is, but right now my cousin needs her family. And I don't know if you have forgotten, but that's me."

After that, I turned around and headed for my car where Jasmine, Bree, and Maxi were waiting to head to the Cullens with me. We had decided that our position would remain neutral until we chose otherwise but we still wanted to see all sides of the situation. So, much to the wolf's dismay, we headed off the reserve.

The Cullens house was exactly the same as the first time I had been there only this time, there was a cloud of tension over the space.

Through the windows, I could see everyone crowded around the couch in the living room but their stances weren't like their usual elegant ones. They were all hunched over in a tired fashion and clearly, they were hungry.

Quickly I knocked on the door and waited until someone answered.

"Ms. Rosie!" Maxi squealed as she threw herself at the blond who opened the door.

Rosalie gave a quick greeting to the little girl before ushering us into the building where I was greeted by the whole Cullen family and a VERY pregnant Bella.

"...you look like shit." I deadpanned to my cousin who only chuckled in response.

"Probably not my best look." She agreed. "So what brings you here anyway?"

"I told you I'd be there when you needed your family. And we may not get along but I feel like right now you might need a cousin." I grinned softly as she looked at me surprised. "As for the girls, we just all decided that we'd rather stand on neutral grounds in this controversy."

The Cullens nodded in understanding as they officially welcomed us in and for the next while, we helped out where ever we could until finally, Jacob walked through the door with Seth and Leah.

The 3 had decided that they didn't agree with their Alpha and instead came to protect the household of Vampires and Jacobs's old friend. And one thing I quickly noticed was Jasmine's dislike of Bella and Jacob's relationship.

"Cool your tits honey, he's only got eyes for you." I teased halfheartedly making her blush in response.

"It's not like that. I just, every time she's around, he goes stiff like he doesn't want to do anything wrong in front of her." She muttered. But it was clear she didn't like how soft he was around her. Especially since she knew of his previous crush on her.

"Ya he's like that with her, feelings don't just go away after all. But ever since you've shown up, he's been getting better... moving on I guess." This seemed to put her at ease as a subconscious smile crossed her face accompanied by a blush. "Seems like he's not the only one getting better because of someone," I smirked.

She only glared at me halfheartedly before watching Jacob come over with a toothy smile pointed at Jasmine.

"Hey, Jaz." He took his reserved spot beside the girl who smiled back.

"Hey JJ." She returned and I nearly swooned at their personalized nicknames for each other.

"I'll leave you two to it. Later JAZ." I put an emphasis on the nickname making her blush all the more prominent before walking back over to Maxi who was currently drawing with Rosalie who watched her adoringly.

"You know if you're ever down. Maxi could always use a reliable babysitter." I sounded from behind her.

Rosalie looked at me shocked before speaking. "You would trust me with your niece like that?"

"Of course." I started as I sat down with her. "I know this whole thing with Bella must be difficult for you to watch since you can't have your own kids and whatnot. But that doesn't change the fact that you're a natural with kids. So yeah, if you ever want some time with her feel free to come over."

Rosalie looked like she wanted to cry tears of joy as she thanked me and told me she'd be happy to do so. After that, we spent the next few days just waiting for Bella to give birth until finally...

She did.

***

The pack stood outside the house in their Wolf form as I stood on the front porch with the Baby in my arms.

After Renesme was born, I was the first to hold her. She was adorable and had this amazing power to show you the things she wanted to see. It was magical and I knew right off the bat that she was not a danger but rather, a miracle.

Seth, Leah, and Jacob all agreed with me and decided that we needed a game plan to stop the pack without a war breaking out.

So here I was, about to give a speech to convince them.

"Sam, I want you to meet the child before you come to any conclusions of whether she's dangerous or not. Could you at least do that much?"

Sam watched me warily as Paul silently questioned me with his eyes before finally, Sam allowed me to step forward.

Immediately, Paul found his way beside me and lead me to the center of the group where Sam now was faced to face with me and the child.

The rest of the Cullens watched Cautiously as I revealed the baby who reached out for Sam's nose. And suddenly his wolffish features flashed a shocked expression until he relaxed into her touch, the same reaction the rest of us had. Quickly he ran over to the tree line and came back human where he stood now with me.

"Has she acted oddly or shown any signs of being dangerous?" He asked.

"No. She doesn't have fangs so I doubt she'll need to rely on blood for feeding and that ability of hers... it's amazing." I smiled down at my cousin's Daughter.

"What about you 3?" He looked up to Jacob, Leah, and Seth.

"She's a cute kid, but nothing dangerous." Leah looked over at me then back to her Alpha and the boys seemed to agree.

"Then so long as it stays that way, I don't see her as a threat."

With that comment, a weight upon the group was lifted as a smile broke out on my face and I turned to hug Paul.

"Well thank god for that. I was not in the mood to get in another fight with a wolf over a kid." With my light joke, the crowd burst out into a fit of laughter and finally. Everyone was calm again, with nothing left to do but await Bella's awakening.

***

Bella woke up 2 days later to a baby who looked to be a few months old rather than a few years and it was perfect. But the wolves still wanted them to keep the girl away from the humans until she was at least old enough to be independently responsible. They were fine with Bella sticking around too since the circumstances of her awakening were to save her rather than switch her.

So here we all were with the Cullens and Quileutes finally being civil and everything just seemed perfect.

I had a feeling this summer would be a good one.