Chapter 36

Song: Walkin' After Midnight (Patsy Cline)

I had this chapter already written out when I published chapter 35 and the bitch didn't save... I literally can't-
I had to rewrite the whole damn thing.

PAUL'S POV

(3 weeks later)

"Good morning California." The news lady appeared on the TV in her sleek looking studio with a photo of Rory flashed beside her as we all sat in Emily's living room waiting for the broadcast to begin.

It had been 3 weeks since the crashing of Rory's wedding and it would be an understatement to say it caused an uproar.

Rory had sent out a statement to the news channel that covered the actual filming of what happened at the wedding and the minute her statement hit the air, the humanitarian society was all over it.

She addressed her career as an MMA fighter and why she had to quit, the relationship with her mother. The years of neglect, and of course that situation regarding her father's will. And said statement was apparently enough for other kids raised in high society to reach out to this channel with their own statements confirming her accusations on the parents of the privileged class.

It was enough evidence for a series of laws to be made very present and understood among the public regarding adolescent neglect, parental abuse, and even just the neglecting of basic needs.

The court had never been issued so many parental abuse reports at once and at the center of all the fuss was my love.

Rory ended up having to stay in California for a bit to figure some things out but she was due back any day. So, now we were just keeping tabs, hoping she'd come home soon and tell us what she was doing in California since she refused to tell us until she came back.

"Everyone shut up, it's starting." Leah commanded making everyone stop in their tracks. Besides me, she had been the most anxious for Rory's return, it was almost cute how much the she wolf worried, at least to the pack.

"These last few weeks have been quite the show with the high society back in the limelight and stuck in a rather unavoidable predicament. MMA fighter Rory Rebel was recently exposed as Aurora Rebel Swan, Daughter of the CEO of Swan Law firm, Leslie Stoke. As it turns out, Rebel's mother wasn't aware of her career in MMA and pulled her out the minute she found out. But the story doesn't end there. Many of you folks might be wondering why a millionaire heir got into MMA in the first place but as it turns out, luxury comes at a price for the children of these millionaires. 3 weeks ago, Rebel's wedding with Eric Dalton was crashed by a group of people from Forks Washington, where The fighter has been staying for the past year. Supposedly The wedding itself was an arrangement to get the swan law firm handed over to the daltons rather than Rebel who was to inherit the entire swan fortune on her 18th birthday as per the commands of her father's will. Kept in the dark about this will, Rebel spent years under her mother's grasp but is finally speaking up now that she has all the information. Rebel made claims during the wedding that were spoken proof of what her childhood with her mother was like and now, countless wealthy families are being brought into question as their own children report years of neglect and emotional abuse to authorities. It seems that once again, Rory Rebel is making an impact on the media, only this time she's showing us the true horrors of a privileged lifestyle and is bringing into question the ideology of human decency in high society. Over to you Jessica." The screen switched to a brunettes standing outside in California with a mic in her hand and the financial manager from Rory's wedding planted beside her.

"Thank you, Helen. I'm currently standing outside the downtown bank of California with the Financial manager of the Swan fortune and he has just informed me that Ms. Rebel was in earlier this morning to officially sign the inheritance papers her self. Mr. Niles, is there anything you'd like to include?" The Brunette handed the mic over and slowly the man straightened up.

"Ah, yes. Ms. Rebel actually asked me to inform You of her decision. After signing her inheritance papers this morning, Ms. Rebel actually decided to sell the law firm as well as all other business contracts owned by Mr. Swan. The bank bought back everything so Rebel actually only left with the Fortune and her fathers personal properties and belongings." The woman continued on from there explaining the plans now set into place for the future but most of us had zoned out by then.

Rory had sold her father's law firm.

She had actually cut all ties with the business.

"So, what did you think. Her voice like honey rolled over the crowd and before we even knew what was happening, me and Leah had jumped up and embraced the figure in a bone crushing hug.

"You crazy bitch." Leah smiled into her shoulder.

"Oh please, did you really expect anything less from me?"

"We missed you, Rory." I laughed as she brought me down for a chaste kiss.

"I missed you too, Paul." She grinned.

Eventually, the whole room was surrounding the girl, each with questions of their own. But we only focused on the important ones.

"Are you really sure about selling your father's company?" Ray shared his concerns with his Goddaughter who just chuckled.

"Ray, 10 years of studying law after my dad died and I've never had any interest in it whatsoever. He knew that too. Dad always told me that he'd rather spend his entire fortune on one passion of mine than force me into something I didn't want part in. Besides. I don't remember him through his law firm. So I don't think of it as some big family business." She explained. "Besides, I've got something else in mind."

Ray looked at her confused while she passed him an envelope.

"This better not be another goodbye note." He joked as a few of us choked out a laugh.

"No, nothing like that." Rory laughed. "I thought if I'm gonna live here and continue my career, I'll need a suitable place to train, and it's not that the gym is in bad condition per say. But if it's going to be my new training location, it'll need to be fully revived."

As she finished, Ray pulled out a contract of co-ownership to the gym. We all looked between Rory and Ray anxiously while awaiting Ray's decision. I stood my ground beside Rory and held her reassuringly as she watched him.

"Rory..." Ray began with his head hung low. We all almost thought the worst until he raised his head to expose an award-winning grin and stood to his full height. "Let's build a business."

The whole room cheered as Rory patted herself on the back for her efforts and hugged Ray with a tight grasp.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!" She practically cried to him as he laughed joyfully.

After all the struggle, everything seemed to finally be ok.