Chapter 4

I sit on Jack's bed, holding my knees to my chest as he put in 'The Conjouring.' I love scary movies, but I get scared easily.

"You look terrified."

I look up at Jack who's looking at me concerned. "I get scared easily ok. But I love scary movies. Just play it."

"Okay.." He presses play and takes a seat next to me on the bed. I grab a pillow and hold into it like my life depends on it.

The movie starts and my breathing catches in my throat. Here we go.

-----------------

After a while of me jumping at something, Jack put his arm around me and pulled me to his side. I laid my head on his shoulder and when something scary happened, I buried my head in his shoulder.

When the movie was over, we sat on his bed, his arm around me, for a minute.

"That was a good movie." Jack broke the silence.

"Mmmmhhmm." I mumbled.

"You going to be ok?"

"Yeah. I just need to calm myself and my mind."

"Are you talking about doing yoga or something?"

"Oh my, no. No no no." Jack and I both laugh.

"Why not? I love yoga. Cone on let's do it." Jack gets up and puts his hand out to me. With a sigh, I grab his hand and let him pull me up. He runs to get the yoga mats while I look up yoga videos on his laptop.

When he comes back, I have a 30 minute long video for us to do.

"Yay yoga!" Jack yells. I laugh at his childness.

"What are you? 5?"

"When I do yoga." he smiles at me. I just stick my tongue out at him. He smiles and starts the yoga video.

After yoga we went downstairs to get a small snack. I grabbed an apple while Jack made himself a sandwich.

"You calm now?" Jack asks taking a bite of his ham and turkey sandwich.

"Yeah, I'm calm. You being totally insane during yoga was hilarious."

"I wasn't that insane."

"Yes. Yes you were." We both laugh.

--------------

"I'm home!" I yell closing the front door.

"In the kitchen!" my mom yells back.

I walk in and see some man around my moms age sitting at the counter with my mom.

"Janie, this is Will, my new boyfriend. Will this is my daughter Janie."

"Uh. Hi." I say awkwardly.

"Hello Janie. How are you?"

"I'm ok. Uh, I ate something while I was gone so I'm just gonna head to my room. I'll see you later." I say and head upstairs. My mom got a boyfriend? When did that happen? Why is she only telling me now? These questions ran through my mind while I prepared everything I needed for school tomorrow. I packed my backpack making sure I did all my homework and I set my alarm. Right as I finished, my phone buzzed. I looked at the screen. It's a text from Jack.

'Do you want me to pick you up tomorrow morning.'

'Ok. I'll be ready by 7:30. See you then.'

After texting him I changed into my pj's and jumped into bed, suddenly feeling exhausted from today.

--------------

Beep beep beep.

I reached over and turned my alarm off. Before getting out of bed, I stretched my arms and legs. I forced myself up and got ready.

By the time I was done it was 7:25. I was wearing black tights and a blue sweater along with my black converse.

"Good morning hunny."

"Morning. Jack's picking me up today."

"Ooo, ok."

"Mom, he's just a friend. You have a dirty mind for a mom you know."

"I know. I just want you to be happy. You always isolate yourself instead of going out to party."

"If dad was here, he would disagree."

"If dad was here then you might be different and sneak out." I laugh at my mom.

Ding.

I walk to the door with my bag, ready to go. I open the door and see Jack wearing a black hoody and blue jeans along with black vans.

"Ready to go?" he asks.

"Yup. Bye mom!" I yell.

"Bye Janie!"

I close the door behind me and walk to Jack's car. He opens the passenger's door for me and I hop in. "Thanks."

He nods and walks to the other side and gets in the drivers seat. The ride to school was silent, besides the radio and Jack humming to some songs. When we arrive at school, a bunch of 'popular' girls run over to Jack, throwing me some death glares. I roll my eyes and get out of the car, walking inside to my locker.

Just get through today. I thought as I got what I needed for class.