Chapter 6

Jack pulls up to a giant house already filled with high schoolers and loud music. Their are cars all around the street, but we manage to find a spot.

"Are you excited?" Jack asks.

"Should I be?"

"Yeah!"

"Then yeah!" I mimic Jack. He laughs at me and puts his hand on my back as we walk up the walkway and into the house. "You're not going to leave me alone are you?"

"Of course not."

"Good. And you're not going to get drunk right?"

"I don't drink." Jack chuckles.

"Good." I breathe a sigh of relief. When we enter the house, the smell of alcohol fills my nose and the music is even louder. Dozens of teenagers dance around the large living room while others are chatting in the kitchen. The back door is open and I can see even more people hanging out outside or swimming in the pool.

Jack pull me into the kitchen where he greets some people. But they all seem to be drunk already. I look around the house as Jack talks with his friends.

"Hey pretty thang." someone slurs from behind me. I turn around to see a boy with blonde hair and green eyes. I recognize him as a twelfth grade football player. Tyler.

"Uh, hi." I say awkwardly. Tyler doesn't bully me but he will help spread the rumors that are told to him.

"You live around here?"

"Sort of?" I don't want to give away to much information; even though he's drunk and won't remember.

"Cool. Has anyone told you you're pretty?"

"No. No one has ever said that to me."

"Well you are. Come on." Tyler takes my wrist and pulls me to the living room. "Dance with me." He starts dancing to the obnoxious music playing while I stand there awkwardly. I start to look around to find Jack but I lost him after Tyler pulled me away. When I look back at Tyler, he's staring at me with a smile.

Before I can make a move, I'm shoved against the wall as Tyler starts to kiss me. I'm in shock for a moment before I try to push him away. But it's no use. I'm not strong enough to push him away. Now I really wish I knew where Jack was.

It's like my prayers were answered because Tyler is suddenly pulled off of me and I see Jack punch Tyler in the face.

"Are you ok?" Jack asks me.

I just nod my head as a responce. Jack takes my hand and we walk outside.

"That was weird." I say as we walk to Jack's car.

"Sorry for bringing you with me."

"Don't be sorry. Why don't we just hang at my place for a while. We can make a giant pillow fort."

Jack smiles at me. "That's sounds awesome."

----------------------

"Come hold this up!" I tell Jack. He hurries over and holds up the blanket while I secure it. We made a giant fort in my bedroom. I had in some black sweatpants and a batman shirt. Jack got his own black sweatpants from his house along with a white t-shirt.

"This fort is awesome!" Jack cheers at our pillow and blanket fort. "I shall name this kingdom, Pilkets! With me as King and you as Queen." Jack pulls me into his side while I laugh at his childness. Jack looks down at me with a smile.

"I think this was way better than the stupid party." I say quietly.

"I totally agree." Jack matches my quiet voice. "Are you tired?"

"Just a little."

"Good, let's watch a movie."

"Ok, but what movie?" I walk to my closet to get my projector out.

"Let's watch The Lion King." Jack smiles from ear to ear.

I smile back and find The Lion King on my shelf of movies. After everything is set up, we plop down onto the pillows on the ground and the movie starts.

We sing all the songs that play and by the end of the movie, I'm ready to go to sleep. The credits roll on the projector and I realize what position I'm in. Jack and I are lying on the ground, his arm around my shoulders, my head on his chest and my arms around his waist.

"I'm really comfortable." Jack whispers. I playfully hit his stomach and use my toes to turn the projector off.

"I'm tired." I whisper.

"Then let's go to sleep." Jack says. And I immediately fall asleep, not even moving from my position.