Chapter 9

Beep beep beep

I wake up to the annoying alarm blaring. I try to get up to turn it off but strong arms hold me down. Then I remember what happened last night. That's means I'm still in Jack's room.. in his arms on his bed.

"Good morning." Jack whispers, still half asleep.

"Morning. Can you turn that alarm off please."

"Sure." he chuckles. His arm lifts off my waist and reaches over to turn off the alarm. Then comes back to rest around my waist.

"Jack we have school."

"I hit snooze." I can practically feel the smirk on his face.

"Ugh, Jack I have to go home so I can get ready."

"Fine." Jack lifts himself off the bed and helps me up. "I'll drive you home." We both walk down to his car where he drives me home.

When we get to my house, I stay in the car for a second. "Thank you Jack."

"No problem." Then I get out of the car and walk into my small house. Luckily my mom isn't downstairs. Sneakily, I climb the carpeted steps up to my room.

After I brush my teeth/hair, apply deodorant, and change into a black sweater and tights, I head back downstairs. Sadly, my mom was in the kitchen.

"What happened last night?" my mom asks once she sees me. Darn it, so close.

"I spent the night at Jack's."

"Oh, well at least tell me if your going to stay the night."

"Okay, sorry. See you after school." With that, I walk outside to see Jack waiting in his car all dressed for school. He's wearing a red t-shirt with blue jeans and black vans.

"You ready?" he asks.

"I guess." Jack takes off after I buckle up in the passenger seat of his car. The car ride didn't take long and soon we were at school. At first I was a little scared to get out, but Jack grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring sqeeze. I nod and we both exit the car.

-------------------

Luckily, nothing happened at school today. The final bell finally rang and I got up and started heading to my locker.

"Guess who." Hands are placed over my eyes.

I pretend to think. "Mm, dad?"

"What? No."

"Mm, is it my long lost brother?"

"Nooo."

"Alright Jack. I want to see."

Jack laughs and removes his hands. "So you want to do something."

"Like what?"

"We can go to the arcade."

"Ok, I love the arcade."

"Who doesn't?" I laugh a little as Jack puts his arm around my shoulder and we walk to his car. People stare at us in awe as we pass by. I just ignore them and get into Jack's car. The ride to the arcade was short and filled with Jack singing to the songs on the radio.

The arcade's parking lot was a little crowded but we managed to find an open spot. Jack stops the car and hurries to open the door for me.

"Madam." he says in a weird accent and bows.

I laugh and say, "Why thank you sir." in the same accent he used. We both laugh and head into the arcade. It's filled with people ranging from little kids with parents to teenagers hanging out. I guess Jack and I fit into 'teenagers hanging out'. Before I do anything I text my mom and let her know where I am.

"Is there anything specific you want to play?" Jack asks glancing at me.

I look around until I spot guitar hero. I haven't played the game I a long time so I grab Jack's arm and drag him over. A little boy is just finishing up so we don't have to wait long to play. Jack puts in a dollar and we pick our characters. I pick a girl with long black and purple hair with some tattoos on her arms. She has a crop top, black leggings, combat boots, and a belly button ring. Jack's character is a guy with green spiked up hair and bright blue eyes. He also has a crop top but with blue ripped jeans and tattoos covering his arms.

We pick the song Eye of the Tiger to play. We sing the song together as we play our guitars. Surprisingly, I didn't mess up the song. Jack and I high five when we finish.

"You were awesome at that game." Jack says as we walk around the arcade.

"Thanks, you two." We walk a little and I spot a laser tag area in the back. "Oh my gosh! Let's go play laser tag!" I grab Jack's arm again and he laughs as I drag him to the back of the arcade. The screen showing the scores says that the game has 5 minutes left.

"Are you good at laser tag?" Jack asks.

"You could say that."

"Oh well we'll just see who's good."

I smile and say, "It's so on."

The game finally let's out and the players check the scores they got. After all the scores show people line up for the new round. Jack and I put on the laser tag vest and listen to the rules. The instructor tells us to remember our vest number so we can see our scores afterwards. I look down and see that my vest is B10.

Finally, we're let into the arena. I run in and find a good hiding spot. I shoot anyone who passes by. I spot Jack run behind a barrier and I decide to follow him. I sneak up behind and shoot his back. His vest goes off and I do a victory yell. I run off and hide again. I shoot people some more until my vest goes off. I spin around to see Jack laughing and then run away.

"Hey!" I yell and run after him. I shoot him in the back again and hide behind a barrier before he sees me. Someone grabs my arm and pulls me I front of them. My back is to their chest but I know it's Jack. He's using me as a human shield. We both shoot people until Jack turns his gun around and shoots my chest. He laughs in my ear and the lights go on. We exit the arena together and take off our laser tag vests. I look at the score board. B10 was in first place. I smile and do a little victory dance.

"What did you get?" I ask Jack.

"Second, you?"

"First." I say holding up one finger.

Jack smiles as I victory dance again.

"Alright. You won. Good job." Jack pulls me into a hug. He wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck. We hug for a while before I pull away a little. I look at Jack's perfect blue eyes and I feel like time stops. I think he leaned in because the next thing I knew, his lips were on mine and fireworks were exploding inside of me. The sounds of the arcade faded away as the kiss continued. I know this is cliché but I feel complete when I'm with Jack.

Eventually, we pull apart for air. Jack leans his forehead against mine. I can't stop the smiles that spreads across my face. "Wow." I breath out.

"Janie, would you like to be my girlfriend?"

Somehow, my smile grows. "Yes."