Chapter 7

The morning sun light wakes me from my sleep, but I refuse to open my eyes. The sun shines through the blanket fort and I just hug my pillow closers to me in an attempt to sleep some more. When arms tighten around my waist I suddenly remember. My 'pillow' is Jack. I forgot we slept together. Still, I keep my eyes closed, hoping somehow I'll fall asleep again.

"Are you awake?" I hear Jack ask.

"No." I mumble tiredly.

He chuckles, the vibrations from his chest bounce off of me. "Janie, open your eyes."

"I don't want to." A finger pokes my face. I scowl and bite Jack's finger. I smile when I hear him say 'ow.'

"Well what was that for." I finally open my eyes to see him pouting.

"Don't poke my face and I won't bite you." I smile, kiss his cheek and start to stand. I don't make it far before I'm pulled back down. Jack kisses my cheek and hurries to get up. I shake my head and stand up, stretching my muscles. He stands by my bed, smirking at me. Then, in a flash, I tackle him onto the bed. We both laugh. I then notice my position; I'm laying in top of Jack, straddling his waist. His blue eyes stare into my green ones. Slowly he places his hand on the back of my head and pulls me closer. I lean my forehead on his.

"Janie. I really don't like when people hurt you. I want to help because I care about you. Please let me help you."

"Jack, the year's almost over. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine in college."

"That's the other thing, I don't want you to leave me. I'll miss you to much.. even if I've only know you for a little while."

I didn't know what to say. Jack has been so kind to me and I'm not sure I want to let him go. "Jack."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you so much. You're the only person that's nice to me. I will never forget your kindness." I voice my thoughts. My eyes are closed now. I feel Jack stroke my hair. Then suddenly his lips are in mine. I automatically kiss him back. Our kiss is very passionate. My first kiss and it couldn't be more perfect. We run our hands through each other's hair.

Eventually I pull away for air. I lean my forehead against his and breathe heavily. He does the exact same thing.

"Janie, whatever college you go to, I'm coming to. We can even rent an apartment near campus together."

I smile widely, i'd like that."

--------------------

Jack left soon after that. He helped me put away all the pillows and blankets first though.

"Morning hunny, how'd you sleep?" my mom asks as I enter the kitchen.

"Good." I answer simply. "What's for breakfast?"

"How about we go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast?"

"Ok, let me get dressed."

After putting on jean shorts and a flannel, we drive to Cracker Barrel. We only had to wait 5 minutes to be seated. I immediately started searching through the breakfast menu. The French toast sounded good.

"Hi, my name is Emily and I'll be your server today. Can I get you started with something to drink?"

"I'll have an orange juice." I say.

"I'll have the same." my mom smiles.

"And do you need a couple more minutes to look over the menu?"

"I'm ready." I say. My mom nods in agreement.

"I'll have the French toast with a side of bacon and hash browns." I start.

"Ok, and for you?" Emily turns to my mom.

"I'll have the pancake special. Eggs scrambled and sausage."

"I'll be right back with your drinks." She smiles and walks to the kitchen.

"Sooo.. you and Jack huh?" my mom winks at me.

"Well that's a way to start a conversation." I roll my eyes.

"Come on, Jack left with a huge smile on his face. Something has to have happened."

I open my mouth to protest but a sigh comes out instead. "Alright mom, we kissed." I whisper.

"What was that?"

I sigh again, "We kissed ok?"

My mother happily gasps.

"Don't make anything from it."

"What happened before? Give me details!"

"Ugh, mom. Alright so we woke up and I kissed his cheek cause he was being cute then he kissed my cheek and got up and ran to stand in front of my bed. Then I stood and tackled him onto my bed and we said some things and then we kissed. That's all."

"Awwwwwww." my mom coos. "What kind if things?"

"You know, just... things."

"Alright don't tell me."

"Here are your drinks." the waitress saves me. "Your orders will be out shorty."

"Thanks." I smile.

When the food comes out, I immediately start eating.