chapter six

warnings: smut!! bdsm, shibari, collars, stoplight system (no safewords needed)
word count: 6.2k

KENDALL

first scene tomorrow? i'll be out of work at six.
-matthew gray gubler

sounds good! i'll be done at five. anything i need to do or bring with me?

nothing specific. i'll give you a few small instructions tomorrow before you come over. if you feel you need to, you could go over your rules, safewords, punishments, and aftercare before you come over. that's all.
-matthew gray gubler

i try to hold in an excited squeal at the text exchange, sending back one more confirmation text to him. i it's been just two days since we signed the contracts and we decided tomorrow would be an appropriate day to start my training. i'm this sickly combination of nervous and elated and i can't decide which one i feel more of.

"what's with you, smiley?"

my head pops up when i suddenly remember my environment. tess and mandy are sitting on the opposite side of the table, eating their dinner and drinking their wine. the three of us usually try to hang out at least once a week because of our busy schedules.

"um," i put my phone down and try to distract myself by digging into my dinner, "nothing. just some texts."

"but that's a very specific smile," tess points out, waving her fork in circles in the air. "that's the smile from when you dated liam."

mandy gasps excitedly. "does that mean there's another guy in your life? i hope so! you've been single for way too long."

"no, guys—"

"it is a guy!" tess nearly shouts. "i can tell. don't lie. who is it? what's his name? how'd you meet? how hot is he?"

"i'm not telling you who it is," i take a long sip of my wine as they both whine out complaints. "and we're not dating. we're just..."

"friends with benefits," tess finished for me. "nothing wrong with that but nobody smiles at a text like that when they're talking to someone who is just their friend. do you at least have a crush on him?"

i swirl my fork around my plate, avoiding answering for longer than i should. i chew on my cheek and then decide to shake my head. "no."

mandy leans over to tess and murmurs in her ear, lowering her voice but loud enough that i can hear. "convincing."

my best friends are amazing. we have known each other for years— we met in college— and we have been through everything together. they are always around to give advice and i'm there too, but this isn't an issue i can talk to them about. i can't tell them that i met my friend with benefits at a sex shop and he is teaching me the ropes of bdsm. i can't do that. it would also violate our contract. so i suppose white lies will have to do for now.

the girls probably notice my hesitance towards the topic and move onto something new. and i'm thankful for that because i would just talk myself deeper into a hole that i wouldn't be able to get out of. we move on to the topic of mandy's new client and how difficult she is.

after dinner, i go home and lay in bed. i stare at the ceiling and create scenarios in my head of what could possibly happen tomorrow. how many orgasms will i have? am i going to get tied up? am i going to get overwhelmed and safeword and ruin our relationship? is matthew going to be disappointed in me? how many rules will i break from my inexperience? will i live up to the performance of his other subs? will i even be able to get him to orgasm?