chapter seven

warnings: implied subdrop, bdsm contract, pet names
word count: 3.4k

KENDALL

the sigh that comes out of my mouth could probably be heard through all ten floors of my building. i put my head in my hands and let my eyes close, trying to momentarily erase the hard day.

i try to think back to the last few weeks with matthew. i try to let my brain go into that submissive mode that makes everything in the world feel easy and carefree. i try to remember the way his hands feel on me and how his voice sounds in my ear. but no matter how much i try to recall, it just doesn't help. i'm still on the verge of tears and i'm still wanting to throw my computer across my office.

but matthew is a mind-reader, i've decided. because as soon as i'm about to pick up my phone, it displays a new text message from him.

busy tonight?
-matthew gray gubler

i'm completely free and in a bad mood so please hang out with me

was it a bad day?
-matthew gray gubler

bad, stressful, messy, crazy
you get the gist, right?

i got it
i have a thought
we've been doing a lot of scenes in the last few weeks and you've been doing great. but maybe tonight, we can just relax together and have dinner and we can talk about how we're feeling
plus! our contract extension is up. so we need to talk about signing for a third time or parting ways
-matthew gray gubler

if we're not doing a scene, can i still kiss you?

i'll decide later. behave and it'll increase your odds. i'll be over at seven.
-matthew gray gubler

with a little extra pep in my step, i jump up and try to finish my work for the day. matthew and i text a few more times through the day, just to make sure we won't be late at work or be late. but there's no hiccups and right on time, i'm arriving home. i do my normal after work routine of showering and getting dressed in sweats and drying out my curly hair.

almost exactly at seven, matthew is knocking at my door. he enters quietly, calling out my name. i wander into the entryway as he's kicking off his shoes, and when he lifts up his head again, he smiles so beautifully that my heart nearly breaks. "hi, angel."

i smile right back at him and try not to melt into the floor. "hi, sir."

matthew's smile grows and he stretches open his arms. "come here, baby."

i fall into his arms, tucking my head into his neck as my arms wind around his waist. matthew holds me as tight as he can and slides his hand up and down my back. i smush my cheek against his sweatshirt, letting my eyes flutter closed. "hi," i mumble.

matthew chuckles. "hi, ken. feeling okay?"

"yeah, i'm just— yeah."

"kendall," he says like he's scolding me, "what are the rules? do we need to go over them again?"

i pout and release the tension in my shoulders, despite matthew's harsh tone. "no. i can't lie. that's the rule. and i'm not lying. i'm feeling okay. i'm just really tired and i really wanna hug you, sir."