chapter ten

warnings: man being creepy
word count: 3.3k

KENDALL

i'm running just a couple minutes behind. i'll probably be late. you don't have to go in without me.
-matthew

that's okay! take your time, don't rush.
i'll probably go in by myself and wander around
is there anything specific you want me to wear?

that white dress you showed me yesterday
-matthew

the satin one?

what's satin?
-matthew

you're so cute
[attachment]
this one?

thank you so much i know i am
yes, that one
gotta go. i'll see you soon
-matthew

see you soon :)

i throw on the dress matthew required and put my curls into a bun, arranging my bangs over my forehead. i put on heels and grab my purse before i rush out.

the weekend has rolled around and matthew has invited me to another munch. he promised his friends would be there and i could chat with them more. i even asked if i could i try to make plans with the girls and matthew said yes. so there's a pep in my step when i get to my car and drive away to the restaurant.

i get my name tag when i arrive to the party and clip it to the strap of my dress. i go right to the bar to get a glass of wine, probably the only drink i'll be allowed to have tonight. maybe it's a minor rule break but i'd rather get my drink before matthew shows up to cut me off.

i take a stroll around the room and greet some people that i recognize from other parties. but i'm searching for grace, ruby, and brooke and i just can't find them anywhere. i eventually just lean against a wall and text brooke. she tells me she's going to be late and that she heard ruby would be late too. groaning to myself, i tuck my phone back in my purse and return to the bar.

i get a refill and start a tab for matthew and i, though i doubt he'll drink. i thank the bartender and turn to go mingle some more and actually start conversations. but i bump right into another familiar face and he catches my waist before i can stumble on my heels.

"whoa there!" chad exclaims with a chuckle. "it seems like you're always falling around me, huh? maybe you're falling for me."

i only laugh out of a feeling of obligation, trying to wiggle my hips away from his hands without being too rude. "yeah, sorry about that. i didn't expect anyone so close to me."

"are you here alone?" chad asks, nearly shouting over the volume of everyone talking around us. "you're usually with matthew, right?"

"yeah, he's coming later—"

wrong choice of words. "great!" chad exclaims, tightening his grip on my waist. "then you've got some time to chat with me. let's go over here."

chad quickly leads me away from the bar and over to an empty couch, nudging me down. i remember what matthew said when he saw me talking to chad, how he's known to be bad to submissives and to not treat them well. i'm not his submissive but i can't imagine his bad attitude is exclusive to submissives. but i deal with a lot of dominant men in my line of work so i would think this wouldn't be too different. i cross my legs and hold my hands and my glass in my lap, setting my purse close to me. i debate quickly getting my phone to text matthew or one of the girls for an sos, but chad starts talking before i can even try to do so.