chapter nine

surprise!!!! this is kinda another filler but she ramps up after this!!

warnings: aftercare, subdrop, collars
word count: 4k

KENDALL

i toss and turn in bed, trying to find a comfortable position. i lay on my stomach but having my face in the pillow gets too hot. then i roll into my side and the light from the alarm clock is just a little too bright. then i roll onto my back and it's just overall insanely uncomfortable. i have to hold in a groan of frustration.

but then i feel matthew's hand sliding over my stomach as he shifts closer to me, pressing a kiss to my shoulder. "you okay?"

i sink further into the duvet and finally let out a sigh. "can't sleep. can't get comfortable."

matthew hums back sleepily, rolling onto his side to face me. then he wraps his arm around my waist and nudges me over, back onto my other side and pulling my front against his chest. i cuddle up against him and finally let my eyes close for the first time in maybe hours.

"you sure it's just that?" he whispers, trying not to disturb the stillness of the night. "how are you feeling? we had a hard scene tonight."

"i'm sleepy," i repeat something reminiscent of what i said directly after the scene. "i just can't get comfy."

matthew presses his lips to the top of my head and then shifts around again. "how about i put some lotion on you? where the ropes were and on your bottom. maybe that'll help you fall asleep and feel better."

i nod obediently, not bothering to open my eyes. matthew sets me on my back and moves around a little more. he gently picks up one hand from the bed, swirling around cold lotion and massaging it into my skin. i hum contently and curl my body in the direction of his, searching for more body warmth. matthew moves one hand to my thigh, stroking his hand up and down my skin.

"do you wanna talk about the scene?" matthew asks, moving on from my wrists to the little marks on my chest. "tell me what you liked and what you didn't like, if anything? that's really gonna be helpful for us in the future, you know that."

"yeah," i whisper pitifully. "i'm really— uh, well, i liked it all."

"mm," matthew's hands circle my breasts and not even in a way that feels provocative. it feels calming and somewhat healing as he works lotion into my irritated skin. "anything specific that you extra liked?"

"yeah," i repeat. "i liked the rope on my chest."

matthew chuckles softly, nudging me onto my tummy. i hear him pump more lotion onto my hands before laying them on my bottom. i hiss from the slightly sting and matthew hushes me, leaning down to kiss my cheek. "i know it hurts, kenny. i'm sorry. it'll feel better soon," he kisses me again. "and i know you like that rope on your chest with all the intricate designs. i was looking at this new rope design that i could do in your chest and bring it all the way down to your thighs. is that something you'd wanna try?"

"mhm," i nod quickly, reaching over to grab onto the waistband of his boxers, just holding him there. "that sounds nice. you can practice on me too."

"anything else that you extra liked?" matthew moves off the bed as he speaks, making my hand fall back onto the bed. i open my eyes for the first time, watching him walk towards the closet in the corner of the room.