16

october 19 2020

october 19 2020

elisa opened the door cautiously, hoping the party wasn't going as hard as it had been a few hours ago. music could still be heard blasting a song she knew but wasn't paying enough attention to recognize.

from her view of leaning out the doorframe she saw some people still standing, talking, and drinking, but there were lots of teens passed out on couches and even on the floor with red party cups scattered all around them.

she didn't see julia anywhere signaling that she had taken elisas advice and had gone home.

she felt a presence next to her- well, above her- making her look up, only to find lucas peering out of the same doorway. using his height to his advantage, craning his neck and nearly rest his chin on elisas head to get the same view.

"geez, it's a complete dump" lucas scoffed bluntly, scrunching his nose at the scent of alcohol.

elisa agreed, marveling at the sight and walking out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. finding one of her favorite things in existence on the counter, she looked over her shoulder making sure no one was looking, then stuffed the pack of oreos under the backside of her hoodie.

"do you think they're dead?" she asked, trying to act oblivious to her previous actions that were seen clearly by lucas, making him let out a laugh.

"nah, but i think we should call the police..."

she nodded her head at his words. some had either left the party or laid black-out drunk on the floor.

before they could reach for a phone, sirens sounded throughout the streets, quickly nearing the house they were in. both lucas and elisas heads whipped around to look at each other from across the room with the same though going through their head.

"i think someone already did" she laughed "maybe we should go..." although the two teens didn't do anything illegal at the the party, it wouldn't be the best to be seen around all the other passed out highschoolers.

"do you need a ride?" he asked as the were rushing towards the back door, practically reading her mind.

"yeah, thanks" she was grateful she didnt have to ask or it's be somewhat awkward.

elisa shut the back door as quietly as she could, hearing the officers walk up the steps to the front door.

"woah..." lucas whistled "look at this pool". the pool was quite impressive, the lights underwater making it look purple.

"lucas- we gotta go dude" elisa grabbed his wrist subconsciously, pulling him away from his distraction, and rushing to get to the gate that leads out to the street.

butterflies erupted in lucas' stomach and chest, never having this much contact with a girl before. granted, she was only saving his ass from hours of questioning by the police, but still.

"which one is yours?" the question brought him out of his thoughts, making him point to the silver honda civic.

• VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED •