Twelve: Captain Ficks and the MPs

Trigger Warning: Sexual Assault. Read at your own discretion.

My regiment had been gone for some time now, doing god knows what while I did all but scratch my ass in their absence. The military police were more useless than I thought. Too many times now, under their jurisdiction, had I watched them bully citizens- children even. I soon realized they weren't here to protect humanity. They were abusers of their power.

Being the odd one out, I couldn't say anything or put a stop to the injustice I saw. I had attempted so once, but was quickly ganged up on.

Now, I kept my head low, doing whatever my interim Captain told me. He was just as useless as the rest. None of them ever trained. All they did was drink and steal.

Since I had nothing better to do under their jurisdiction, I had a lot of time to do whatever I wanted. So as my broken bones mended, I trained in solitude. Some days, I would kick a dummy around until I got bored. Others, I would simply work out or run laps on the shit stain they called a training field.

As the days came and went, I would lie awake at night wondering when my comrades would return. This had, without a doubt, been the loneliest I had felt in a long time. At least with the scouts, I could talk to others who had joined the ranks around the same time as me, or I could ruffle the feathers of the new cadets, or even speak with Levi. He had kept me the most company since Petra had been killed.

Truthfully, I hadn't made any friends in the Military Police. Perhaps I just didn't give any of them the chance. They couldn't understand my world and I definitely didn't understand theirs. Of course, all of them seemed rather critical of me and stand-offish. One of them had told me that the Scout regiment was a waste of resources. That we were just being paid to kill ourselves. I had kicked the shit out of that guy, which earned me a punishment from my interim captain. It had also put me on the unfavorable side of the rest of the military police. They wouldn't say anything to my face after that, but I did see them whispering when I would walk by. At that point, I didn't let it bother me. They all knew I could kick their ass twenty times over even with broken ribs. Of course they'd be too scared to say anything to me directly. In fact, that brought a sense of satisfaction.

These were people that bullied children and vulnerable citizens. I was a person who slaughtered Titans for a living. I was better than them and not afraid to admit it. So, no, I didn't want any of them to be my friend anyway.

Today, however, I was alone yet again, hands wrapped as I boxed with a dummy. The stuffed figure bounced around on its spring with every strike.

Suddenly, there was a voice yelling from behind me, and I stopped immediately to turn around and address the voice.

"Blackwood." It was the military police captain I was to be taking orders from until the scouts returned. I only knew him as Captain Ficks.

"Yes, Captain?"

He had something in his hands, a piece of clothing, and he approached me at a leisurely pace. As he reached me, he threw the clothing at me and I caught it quickly. "What's this?"

"A dress. You're going to wear it. Tonight. The military police have been invited to attend a Nobleman's party. Considering the Scout Regiment is pretty well disliked by the nobles, I think it would be wise for you to attend and get in their good graces."

I raised an eyebrow and stared down at the clothing in my hand. Pinching the top of the dress with two fingers, I held it out at arm's length and regarded it with skepticism. Me in a dress? I hadn't worn a dress since I was a child. I liked my pants and shirts. They gave me leeway to kick ass if I needed to. Besides, this dress was... short. Would it even fit over my ass? I knew the military police were lazy and wouldn't work out to save their life, but just because they didn't have a toned ass doesn't mean that I would too. I mean, I did squats every day for five years. My thighs alone might rip this skinny piece of cloth.