Thirty: 🍋 The After Party 🍋

"Oh! That cake was so delicious!" Sasha gushed excitedly, her eyes closed in bliss as she rubbed her stomach and leaned her head on Niccolo's shoulder.

"You better not steal another slice." Levi warned her, giving her a fixed look.

She grinned and lifted a plate from her lap, revealing a second piece of cake. "Too late, Captain."

I was unable to control the laugh that burst out of me, nothing but pure amusement toward her actions.

"Don't encourage her." He chastised me, elbowing me in my rib cage.

"Oh come on, those rich bastards will survive Sasha stealing one extra slice. We earned it more than they have, anyway." I leveled with him.

"Actually, she stole three slices." Niccolo ratted her out.

Her bottom lip poked out and she looked at him with a look of betrayal. "What the heck, man?"

Levi looked at me, waiting for my response, but I doubled down. "I still think we deserve the cake more than they do."

He rolled his eyes at me, fixating his attention back on Sasha. "Go put it back."

Her expression fell into a frown before she sadly got up and carried her cake back to the kitchen.

"You know she's just gonna eat it as soon as she's out of sight, right?" Niccolo pointed out.

"Who's side are you on?" Connie spoke up, scowling at him.

The two started to bicker while I continued to enjoy my slice of cake, tuning them out completely in order to savor the taste. I had finished two thirds of it by the time Sasha came back, a look of such sadness on her face that I genuinely began to feel bad.

When Levi's attention was taken by Hanji, I made eye contact with Sasha and discreetly passed her the remainder of my slice. It's not like I needed cake anyway and I had already enjoyed the majority of it.

Her face broke out into a smile, hands grabbing the plate from me and devouring the rest of the cake within seconds.

The gesture was not ignored by Niccolo, who shook his head at me but said nothing.

As Levi turned back around, Sasha threw my plate at me, not wanting to be caught with the evidence, but Levi had seen something move in his peripheral and looked at me immediately. "What was that?"

I laughed with pseudo-embarrassment. "I almost dropped my plate. Clumsy me, as always."

"Well, don't break it, I don't want to have to pay for that too."

"I will be more careful." I promised, exchanging a glance with Sasha and winking at her.

Once we all finished our dessert, we got up from the banquet tables and said our goodbyes, preparing to depart back to the Scout base for the night. I made a point to avoid Alexander, not wanting to speak with him at all anymore.

However, I did have the displeasure of running into the head of the house again, who stared at me with a look that said 'don't go anywhere.' Despite my better judgment, I stayed put, waiting for him to reach me from the other side of the room.

"Captain Blackwood." He addressed me, grabbing Levi's attention too because he turned to face the man as soon as the words had left his mouth. "I do hope you don't intend on running off without paying for my destroyed property."

Levi moved before I could say anything, extending his hand toward the man with an envelope tucked between his fingers and thumb. "Commander Hanji has paid for the broken vase in full."